True Earth FLA install

Hello,

I have purchased True Earth FLA and Terra Flora. 

I am a real life Commercial/Multi-Engine/Instrument rated pilot.

My cockpit build is a custom complete Piper Navajo simulator, (to help keep me current in my real life flying), complete with real gauges and flight characteristics - it has taken me 6 years, ( and roughly 12K USD), to complete. To pull this off I am using 2 high-end computers. Computer #1 is the "MASTER" and computer #2 is for the "EXTERNAL DISPLAYS". 

I am having issues when I launch X-Plane 11. Please see image that pops up on my "EXTERNAL DISPLAYS" machine below. I have verified the files twice and still no luck. 

QUESTION: Is the image below due to the fact that I need to install True Earth FLA on the "MASTER" computer as well?

Thanks,

Scott

IMG_0995 (1).jpg

This error is due to the fact you don'y have enough disk space to allow the install to complete properly. TE Florida requires 200+GB free space prior to install. If your XP is on the same drive as your download you will need almost 300+GB free space.

it does check, but it won't proceed if there is not enough free space. What is your HDrive set up? Do you download onto the same drive as XP is installed on. What free space have you got on your download drive and your XP installation drive. The verify files will tell you that you have the necessary files and IF there is enough free space, will carry on the conversion of jpg imagery into dds imagery. The dds imagery is twice the size of jpg. Due to bandwidth constraints an lower downloads, the HD version of TE addons are shipped in jpg format imagery in the Ortho folder and converted to dds format on the installation drive.

9 hours ago, geronimopilot said:

Sounds like I just spent 47 bucks on something I cannot use......

You do have the option of installing the SD version, which is what i use and am very pleased with. I tend to fly at 2-5000ft and the imagery is superb. The HD version is suitable for people who want to fly at low level in choppers or Cessnas at under 2000ft. The advantage of the SD version, which is Zoom Level 16, is that it is shipped in dds format so doesn't require any conversion process, takes up only about 42GB disk space and loads a lot quicker. Having bought the HD version, you get the SD version free. You can only have one or the other installd. Should you choose to try the SD version you need to open Orbx central and uninstall the HD version.

His screenshot about the missing terrain file is the same as mine - same terrain number and now this is the 3rd person I have come across with the same problem and all of us it seems have at least Terrabyte SSD's? Surely we can't all not have enough disk space? On my library (where FLA TE HD is installed, says it has 357 gigs). 

9 hours ago, Patrick James said:

His screenshot about the missing terrain file is the same as mine - same terrain number and now this is the 3rd person I have come across with the same problem and all of us it seems have at least Terrabyte SSD's? Surely we can't all not have enough disk space? On my library (where FLA TE HD is installed, says it has 357 gigs). 

Is the disk you are going to install onto, the same disk you have downloaded onto or are the 2 different disks, i.e. one with your Temp folder on it and a different Disk with chosen install location, either in the XP directory or into a self created Library folder?

Hello,

for the record, the file does not seem to be missing from the installer.

2.jpg

Assuming that the installation here went well there should be 14037 files in the 

TrueEarth US Florida HD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos\textures folder,

made up of only .dds and .png files and with no .jpg files at all.

There are 10845 .dds files.

It is unusual for there to be only one missing .dds file but if you find that there is only one missing

I can attach that file.

Thx Nick for your thorough inspection! If you would be so kind I would appreciate that. How do I install the file once you send i t to me? Also, in both your and Jon's opinion would you say the difference in quality between HD and SD is not that big? I have purchased both so I would appreciate your input as it won't matter since I can use both.

13 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

So if I understand correctly Nick, you say there are no missing files as far you can detect?

I believe Nick is indicating that there is no missing file in the installer, not necessarily in your installation. Have you checked the number of files in the Orthos/textures folder? I can confirm, as in Nick's installation also, that there are supposed to be 14037 . Do you have that number?

Regarding the SD version. I use it and as i fly at above 1800-2000 ft i find hardly any difference in image quality. I have Nvidia Sharpening enabled via their driver, I have higher XP graphics settings than I could have with the SD version,  X-Vision and UWXP plus I use only 42GB of disk space and it loads a lot quicker than the HD version.

19 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

Perhaps I should give the SD version a try Jon. I believe but will check that the files did not all download as apart from KEYW, nothing in Florida loads.

How can I redownload the full HD version again so I can get it working and make a proper evaluation?

You need to open Orbx Central and click on  North America, TE Florida. On the right hand page choose the option to Uninstall. When that is done repeat the actions and you should get the option to install. 

On 2/17/2020 at 5:32 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Is the disk you are going to install onto, the same disk you have downloaded onto or are the 2 different disks, i.e. one with your Temp folder on it and a different Disk with chosen install location, either in the XP directory or into a self created Library folder?

I need to know the free space on the disk you downloaded to. Please answer the question I asked above regarding the numbr of disks involved in your download and install. 1 or 2 disks? There may well be 357 GB space on the drive where it is installed but was there 200GB free space available on the disk you downloaded onto?

Answer that question, and also run XP choosing a Florida flight and then exit XP after you get the Missing dds file error message, and attach your XP log file which is in the XP Directory.

I only downloaded it to one disk that is my e drive where obx lives and all my orbx scenery. I save to the library every time. We have had power cuts in South Africa and there was one when the software was downloading so I resumed from where it had stopped until it said the scenery was fully downloaded, it verified the files and that was that. Even xorganiser shows the whole of Florida in Ortho's. And the size of the file in the download matches the size Orbx said it would be. 

I will attach my log from where you said and send it shortly.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:29 AM, Jon Clarke said:

@Nick Cooper Now we have a Log please move this to the Orbx central support forum where people like @Ben McClintock can take a look.

Although this download and install was to one drive, the  OP is claiming over 500+GB of free space was/is available

THx Jon, How will I find further help - from Ben? And when I tried to download the SD version (it did not give me a choice when I unistalled to reinstall the SD version) so I went to the product page but it looks like it wants to charge me again.

Archived