TE Florida FPS

bernd1151

I have read here on the forum that some suffer from heavy fps drops, if they come close to more densely populated areas such as Miami for example. As I didn’t experience any such issues before with SF or Seattle in ORBX TE, I wanted to see for myself, how my ancient PC will be able to cope with this now in Miami.

My specs you can find in my signature. These are my settings (sorry, they are in German, but I think, you’ll get the picture):

1.jpg

This is the TE Florida HD version. I have used default XP weather and the Carenado PC12. I have a curved 34 inch monitor with a 2560 resolution at 144 Hz.

We take off from ORBX Key West, fly along the keys, until we finally reach Miami, where we land. Should you want to see the pics in their original size, please click on them twice.

2.jpg

FPS hover around 30, I rarely experience fps of 40 or higher

3.jpg

4.jpg

Near Florida Keys Marathon KMTH

5.jpg

Time to forget fps and enjoy this fantastic scenery instead

6.jpg

Above Ocean Reef Club 07FA

7.jpg

Getting closer to Miami, fps decrease slightly to around 27

8.jpg

Above Miami they remain at this level

10.jpg

FPS go up to 31, when I switch to cockpit view and pan around

11.jpg

Also in other parts of Miami, the situation remains the same, fps rarely move below 28, it even seems that the closer I get to buildings, the higher my fps are

11a.jpg

11b.jpg

11c.jpg

11d.jpg

11e.jpg

11f.jpg

11g.jpg

Only when I land, will fps drop a bit below 20 fps, which isn’t a problem for me, as everything is still very smooth

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

And now I will switch off my fps counter again, because I really don’t care too much, whether I fly with 18 or 30 fps, as long as the simulator is fluid and smooth :):)

14 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Thats what i do if its smooth its smooth i never look at fps, Fine set of shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Many thanks, Iain

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glad you passed your test.

Your excellent images passed the "pleasant on the eye test" too!

Hahaha, thanks Martyn

42 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree with Iain, I never look at FPS as long as it's smooth.  Terrific shots Bernd.

Glad, you like them, buddy

Archived