ORBX and SODE

AnkH

Hi there, a quick one: recently, we are offered to install SODE via ORBX Central. However, it obviously fails to detect if SODE is already installed or not. Is there a way that I can tell "my" ORBX Central that I have SODE installed already? I mean, I even have it installed in the default path...

Personally, the logical thing would be: if ORBX decides to offer SODE installation via ORBX Central, the tool should be at least capable of detecting an already installed SODE within the default folder. Everything else is just pure lazyness, sorry to say.

The reason I am upset about such a minor thing is: we all know that uninstalling and re-installing such tools sometimes result in unwanted side effects. And I really do not want to break my SODE installation just because ORBX Central is once again not capable of basic things such a tool should be capable of... sorry for the rant...

Hello,

if you install SODE again, it does not delete any existing files, as far as I am aware.

It looks to me as if you can install SODE with either its own installer or with Orbx Central.

If it is already installed with the SODE msi, then installing it with Orbx Central seems to do

nothing more than verify files.

If it is already installed with Orbx Central, then the msi will only offer a repair or uninstall.

If uninstalled with Orbx Central, the msi sees it as uninstalled.

If uninstalled with the msi, Orbx Central sees it as uninstalled.

If installed with Orbx Central, msi sees is as installed

If installed with the msi, Orbx Central sees it as installed.

Archived