Trees with not transparency background

YoYo

Please check this:

OCL6 from dusk to down no transparency background. Fresh P3Dv4 install + ORBX Central 4.

P3Dv4.5 ht2, FTX HD Trees, North Cal, Vector, Global Base here.

y5rcmOrm.jpg CVB0r0ym.jpg

I'm afraid they may appear elsewhere.

Thanks Nick.

I solved it, it was PTA (2.67v). P3Dv4.5 changes something with autogen lighting. 

I turn off "Autogen emissive lighting" from PTA and its ok now so problem solved. Thank You and sorry.

Hi Nick! Sorry to be a nuisance, but could I ask if we could [please] "resurrect" this one? Unless, of course, it's been agreed that it's a P3D/LM bug.

I get the same issue with Tomatoshade. Like YoyYo, I also have HD Trees installed - so I'm wondering whether this is a generic P3Dv4 HF2 issue or something maybe to do with HD Trees <?>. I'm not too keen on removing HD Trees and reinstalling just to prove a point, so I'm wondering if there any PTA or TS users out that get this problem *without* HD Trees?

I don't think it's location-specific (Yoyo was at 0CL6) but I'll check that next time I'm in P3D. The effect/bug only happens for a short period at night time.

Not a huge deal - I'm just intrigued, as I spend a fair bit of time messing with presets for both PTA and TS. That said - I rarely fly at night anyway LOL!

Adam.

Hello Adam,

as far as I can tell, those palm trees are from the Orbx Library and not default P3D.

Their source is Orbxlibs_P3D_vegetation.BGL

It looks like the texture is BNE_trees_LM.dds

Both files are in the Orbx Library folder, so I doubt that the cause is HD Trees, which as

far as I am aware, replace default autogen trees textures only.

The effect does not seem to happen with P3D default shaders.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Adam,

as far as I can tell, those palm trees are from the Orbx Library and not default P3D.

Their source is Orbxlibs_P3D_vegetation.BGL

It looks like the texture is BNE_trees_LM.dds

Both files are in the Orbx Library folder, so I doubt that the cause is HD Trees, which as

far as I am aware, replace default autogen trees textures only.

The effect does not seem to happen with P3D default shaders.

Thanks, Nick! I'll do some more digging around! ;)

Archived