EGNX no snow?

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this is indeed the case.

It is also the case that there is no snow on the ground in the UK today.

...and...so?

There are no seasonal textures for this airport?

Regards,

Richard

14 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

...and...so?

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard

You have to fly later on the year, maybe Jan 20 or later

Or set summer to fit the environment with the airport textures

The sim will put (as default) winter textures right when winter starts but many sceneries don't fit those because in real time it might not be snowy (so sceneries have been more customized) at least that is how I understand it, so you'll find issues like in your post of a mix of textures of winter and no winter in the same area.

Or things like this, flying from (Orbx) Germany to Poland, you can see the border between the two countries. Germany has no snow

egoQxsL.jpg

Cheers

Carlos

Hello,

it seems clear that the developer has not included a snow covered version

of the airport and I am not qualified to write on their behalf.

I believe that this question has been asked before and that there is an update 

in preparation.

I will add this topic to the list of things to address as a reminder of the customer request.

I was only pointing out that it is increasingly rare for England to be covered in a blanket of snow,

as depicted in the simulator.

In fact, the last time that it was covered for the whole of January and February was in 1963.

Clearly this does not address the anomaly of snow around green grass.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it seems clear that the developer has not included a snow covered version

of the airport and I am not qualified to write on their behalf.

I believe that this question has been asked before and that there is an update 

in preparation.

I will add this topic to the list of things to address as a reminded of the customer request.

I was only pointing out that it is increasingly rare for England to be covered in a blanket of snow,

as depicted in the simulator.

In fact, the last time that it was covered for the whole of January and February was in 1963.

Clearly this does not address the anomaly of snow around green grass.

Thank you for clarification Nick. Before posting I did a search here and on Google, I didn't find anything, hence my post. I thought there might be a problem on my side.

Yep, I know about the rare snow in England...I usually fly with the date in my system, I take the deal. But clearly in the present case, there is an inconvenient discrepancy between the airport and the rest of the territory.

On the product page I read: "Please note that compatibility with TrueEarth Great Britain South is limited to the summer season only."

I fully understand that this warning concerns TrueEarth Great Britain South (logical since there is no season).

But what about people like me who want to stay with England product? Does this mean that the new airports will have the same " deficiency "...?

Of course I hope not!

Please, thanks in advance for bringing up the information and having good news on this subject, hopefully...

Regards,

Richard

On 1/4/2020 at 5:28 PM, DrumsArt said:

Please, thanks in advance for bringing up the information and having good news on this subject, hopefully...

The issue was brought up shortly after release:

The developer never specifically acknowledged this issue, but has hinted in another thread that an update is in the works for both EGNX and EGPH, with the latter suffering from the same issue. Both airports have multiple other issues, some of them quite severe, yet no update in sight months after release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, mburkhard said:

The issue was brought up shortly after release:

The developer never specifically acknowledged this issue, but has hinted in another thread that an update is in the works for both EGNX and EGPH, with the latter suffering from the same issue. Both airports have multiple other issues, some of them quite severe, yet no update in sight months after release.

Sorry, I was away from the site for a few days, I found your message just now. Thank you for your time.

Richard.

Archived