X Plane and TE Products

I have bought a few of the TE Products SD and find I get runways that look like concrete with a wind swept appearance.

Even at Israel's Farm. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

I think I have complied with the requirement for installation apart from my Graphics cards is a NVidia Ge Force 980 GTX which I understand is only 4 GB.

Any advice?

28 minutes ago, Haydon the Womble said:

Thanks for replying. 

Would be delighted to show you! 

Usually Print screen and paste to paint works. 

This time all that appears is the X Plane start up screen. 

Tip? 

Imgur.com is used quite a lot.

Should be some youtube videos on how to navigate it. You need to Register.

Try this Orbx link:   https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/122913-how-to-post-a-screenshot/

TTM

I require several things from you to try and determine the cause of your problems. I believe it is a XP settings issue, but need to confirm this,

Please attach a pic of your XP settings page, a copy of your scenery_packs.ini and your full pC specs. I already know about your GPU, which ,as you acknowledge, doesn't meet the recommended/required specs.

Here you go.

The X Plane settings are as they are currently set with no specific knowledge. I have tried turning everything down to no avail.

I have also tried running misconfig and tried a clean boot.

It would be great if you could find a solution but if otherwise if you could confirm what you see as my specific shortcomings will enable me to attend to those idc.

Your help is vry much appreciated

X Plane settings 32-12-19.png

PC Specs.png

Scenery_packs.ini.png

File Explorer.png

The location of the various XP attributes is not affecting your issue. It is the graphics settings that is the weak link. However we may be able to try setting a couple of things different. In XP the settings options on the left side of the page affect your GPU and on the right affect your CPU. You CPU would be classed as just about OK but with settings limitations and your CPU classed as not really OK but may work with some stringent limitations.

There are a couple of settings you have which greatly impact on fps ( resource demand) and they are the reflections, and Draw Parked Aircraft. As a test, lower both those settings to minimum available. Increase your World Objects to High not absolute max.

On the left hand side GPU settings, increase the Visual Effects to High.

Then test a flight at Swanson again. The new settings will probably be much too high for TEGB South at EGLC for example but should be OK for the remainder of less autogen populated areas.

The recommendation you want is to see is if your CPU is set to Turbo Boost (probably is seeing it is at 3.80) and I suggest  a higher spec GPU. Something like a 1070 8GB would be fine but your current GPU meets minimum requirements.

Enabling or disabling Intel Turbo Boost Technology
  1. From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Performance Options > Intel (R) Turbo Boost Technology and press Enter.
  2. Select a setting and press Enter. Enabled—Enables the logical processor cores on processors supporting hyperthreading technology. ...
  3. Press F10.

Archived