England TE P3D and Orbx England LC

I just tonight bought the new TE England North and Central.  I already have TE South.

So I did some testing at various airports and I'm not sure if it's showing correctly.  I mean I thought it wasn't supposed to have season yet I get different trees at Southampton.  Is this because Southampton isn't part of TE?

That's one question.

The other is, does TE override all of the Orbx England LandClass I have installed?

Two screens.

dafbBJH.jpg

7GFfaX7.png

Hello Jack,

the photo scenery does not change and is intended to be used with the simulator set to

spring or summer. The trees however remain seasonal, so in autumn and winter their

colours will change and in "hard winter" they will look white.

This is how the simulator works, it is not how the real Great Britain works, which these days

is very rarely covered in snow and virtually never universally white except perhaps for a very

few days and not necessarily in January and February.

I believe that last time that great Britain looked white all over for the whole of those two months

was in 1963.

The seasonal colour changes in Great Britain are far more subtle and a customer who feels that flying

over anything but "reality" could most likely achieve that with the careful use of the P3D lighting

sliders, except perhaps the complete snow coverage.

Black and white with a high brightness setting would not be far away though.:)

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Airports have seasons and TE GB not.

TE GB used photo real scenery which overrides LC based scenery .

Photo real scenery is how it looks in reality ...:D

Yes, thanks.  I knew that from when I installed the original TE South, I was just wondering if these images looked ok :D

49 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Beside TE GB C+N I also purchased FTX England too.

That I will use in autumn and winter when flying to the north of the UK so I will see a seasonal ground scenery.

Yes but all you will see is trees changing because if I understand it correctly TE overrides LC, so wouldn’t you have to untick TE in the library in P3D?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes but all you will see is trees changing because if I understand it correctly TE overrides LC, so wouldn’t you have to untick TE in the library in P3D?

Correct. The seasonal LC textures will not load until True Earth has been deactivated. LCs can never be above PR scenery, that's just how the simulator works unfortunately.

@Jack Sawyer, looks like there is some missing autogen in the background of your initial screenshot of Southampton. Just run "Verify files" in Central for the airport and the autogen will pop up where it's supposed to be.

Bests,

Sascha

3 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

, looks like there is some missing autogen in the background of your initial screenshot of Southampton. Just run "Verify files" in Central for the airport and the autogen will pop up where it's supposed to be.

Bests,

Sascha

Hi Sascha, thank you.  I didn’t know it was messed up.  I’ll do this as soon as I am able.  Much appreciated.

Archived