EGPB & EGNX true earth requirement

st1322

Hi,

Airports mentioned in the title are both in UK and the product page states that True Earth is required... Did anyone try to use those airports WITHOUT true earth product? I’m very interested in those two ones but... the requirement. I have both negative and positive experience myself with such requirements. In P3D I have a product that failed to work without the required while another worked just fine.

Anyone maybe can comment, advice?

Tom

EGPB does not work properly with True Earth GB North from my experience in p3d. For starters there are seasons with snow in winter with the Sumbugh airport addon, but TE is summer only so it looks very strange in winter with TE North active. Secondly there seem to be some elevation issues.

Orbx does not claim from what I can see on the Sumburgh purchase page that it is compatible with TE North so I don't hold it against them at all, but it would be nice with a patch since its their own product. I have spoken with both the UK2000 people and the Sim 720 people and Gary from UK2000 will look in to adjust the ground so his airports will blend with TE GB soon. The Sim720 people made a quick fix instantly yesterday when I told them of the problem (amazing customer service). They now have a selection in their configuration for Stornoway and Oban airport where you can select True Earth and you will see no snow in winter.              

3 hours ago, Flygsidan said:

.............. The Sim720 people made a quick fix instantly yesterday when I told them of the problem (amazing customer service). They now have a selection in their configuration for Stornoway and Oban airport where you can select True Earth and you will see no snow in winter.              

Using P3D I tried uninstalling / reinstalling EGPB & cannot see the TE GB N link in the config panel to remove the winter snow

Ive only recently gone over to using Orbx Central so obviously i'm doing something wrong.

Perhaps you would share Sim 720's fix

Hello,

please do not be confused.

The answer at post 2 is for P3D v4.

Orbx have not provided switches for seasons or indeed any other kid of compatibility 

with TEGB for these payware EGxx addon airports in P3D v4.

If you have someone else's EGPB, then please go to their forum for your answer.

This is the X Plane 11 support forum.:)

In XP11 without TrueEarth, the most notable anomaly you'll see is the dry stone walls will not conform to the terrain correctly. There'll also be elevated platform around the ends of the runway (I can't remember the designation) that extends into the water.

Greg 

Archived