Space Requirements for GB TE South

gdavej111

I'm trying to reinstall GB TE South in P3Dv4 using Orbx Central. I'm hitting a problem with insufficient space. I'm aware that the product requires 45.8Gb, and I have on the C drive 92.8Gb free, the D drive (where P3D exists and where I want the GB TE South to be installed) has 115 Gb free. I've already tried to free off space on the D drive and still hit this issue, I don't want to keep trying iteratively to reach sufficient space. Can somebody tell me how much space I actually need to do the download and installation? I can't find this anywhere on the site, or in the manual.

Hello,

I am not sure with the latest Orbx Central but we have for a long time stated that the installation

would need at least twice the download size, this would make the disk space on your C drive 

marginal. 

You could try again with the installation process set to take place on the D drive and disk space

checking disabled.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

You could try again with the installation process set to take place on the D drive and disk space

checking disabled.

Thanks Nick

Disabling the disk space checking did the trick. Prior to doing that, I had trimmed my C drive to 140Gb free space, but I still got the insufficient space error.

Hello,  I am also receiving an out of space error as noted in the attached file.  The error says "you do not have enough space, ..., and your simulator drive requires 56.73 GB free.  It currently has 41.89 GB, ..." 

I have 140 GB on the drive free. 

If I install another SSD as a D drive, can I install Orbx content on that drive if this error cannot be corrected?  I tried to turn off disk space checking and this did not help.

Thanks!!

OrbxError.rtf

23 minutes ago, JamieBrooks said:

Is it correct that the South Download size is 74GB? As I’m downloading and says 74

Yes, these are the chunk-files, temporarely stored in a folder called octemp. These chunkfiles are including the informations for the bgl - and texturefiles and from these files the final sceneryfiles will be made.

Kai

I have tried several times to disable the disk space checking and the download will still not progress.  I either get an error message or the download pauses indefinitely.  Thanks.

Hello,  I am also receiving an out of space error as noted in the attached file.  The error says "you do not have enough space, ..., and your simulator drive requires 56.73 GB free.  It currently has 41.89 GB, ..." 

I have 140 GB on the drive free. 

If I install another SSD as a D drive, can I install Orbx content on that drive if this error cannot be corrected?  I tried to turn off disk space checking and this did not help.

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am not so sure.

The installed size is 46GB and so far, none of the products has downloaded more than that.

It may just be an anomaly.

I'm afraid not, the same with me. Two screenshots are showing the momentary status of the size of the oc-folder with the chunks in it and the other one with the momentary progress of the installation (it lasts about 5 hours now, but with no interruptions at least).

Kai

central.jpg

OC.jpg

Good morning,

for me, A've finished already the installation. Space was enough but the large of the folder went even higher as it was shown in my screenshot. Btw., central and nord were finished very quickly and I saw a difference to south, maybe not unimportant: in north and central were was only an extracting of my manual downloads (I downloaded all titles just before to my HD). In southe OC told me something about "downloading and extracting" in the download-queue. Despite of having a manual download for installing already. So I guessed with "downloading" the copy from the downloaded file to the chunks of octemp was meant. This behaviour was only in south, maybe that's part of the reason?

Kai

Glad to see all the T.E.U.K. areas now available, I am wishing to update T.E.South V1 to V2, but am getting the not enough space message
When I first installed V1 I used the Symbolic Link method, to overcome the o.o.m.can this be used with the updated Orbx Central ?  

Thanks Nick very fast reply as usual, I will try that. Also I changed the Downloader Temp and Backup folders location
(see pick.) without making a note of the default locations first (silly fellow) can you give me these ? 

o Insertion 2.JPG

Hello,

I'm not sure why you would think I can remember either.:)

The best thing to do is to set them both to where you want them to be.

The installation process should be put somewhere where there is lots of free space.

If you are not saving backups, it doesn't matter of course.

Archived