NZNV nowhere to be seen

cyberpilot

So good to see so many great sceneries being released lately but where oh where is NZNV, Invercargill?

It seems to have been in gestation for ever.

NZ hardly features in the ORBX inventory so any small offering is greatly anticipated.

It puzzles me that a country with so much diverse scenery packed into a small area has not been embraced by ORBX.

XP11 on the other hand has some excellent freeware scenery covering most of the country.

As Americans would say, go figure!

Are you talking about P3D+ or XP11+?  Have downloaded and tried this freeware version for P3D?

https://www.fs2000.org/2018/05/23/fsx-p3d-invercargill-nznv-scenery/

Of course is you mention XP11, I have the entire country in high res ortho with overlays and some 50 freeware airports...my NZ flying experience couldn't be better.

cheers.

Thank you.

I’ve got the Orbx, FlightBeam?, and Nelson and Dunedin airports from the NZ gentleman whose name escapes me (senior moment). I’d like to visit NZ sometime but for the moment will have to content myself with seeing it through FlightSim.

I’m getting into x-p 11 over the last six months so the orthos will be nice.

Cheers.

Dave

Robin Corn who did Dunedin and Nelson has also done a great rendition of Christchurch which you can find here:

https://windowlight.co.nz/godzoneWP/

Flightbeam's version of Wellington is also very good with Auckland possibly just around the corner - check out their website.

ORBX has done Queenstown, Milford Sound, Whangarei and Gisborne with Invercargill still in the pipeline.

With FS2020 on the horizon I'm not optimistic that any more NZ sceneries will be made for P3D4 which would be a great shame if this proves to be the case. 

20 hours ago, cyberpilot said:

Do you have ORBX Global Vector?

If so that could be causing issues.

I don't think Global Vector should cause any issues with hills.  

Installing or uninstalling Vector will result in elevation changes at some airports, since it includes some "corrected" airport elevation data, but outside an airport's footprint, I don't think it will change anything mesh related.  (Don't forget to run the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC) tool in Orbx Central after you install/uninstall Vector.)

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:58 PM, fabs79 said:

On another note, I think years ago someone said that ORBX also were developing Great Barrier Island - haven't heard anything from that one either. 

Plus Wanganui and Tauranga if I remember rightly.

Extremely disappointing to say the least.

Perhaps someone from ORBX could let us know whether any or all of these projects will ever see the light of day?

Archived