Roads, trees, buildings, and overall scenery don't look good anymore

Not sure what happened, I took several months off Preapr3d then coming back noticed a major version update to ORBX Central and some scenery updates. I updated everything, launched Preapr3d and started a flight out of San Diego. Something was very wrong with the scenery now. It seems like Vector is no longer installed, the roads are just low res satellite imagery and I thought there was more building and tree density, even the cars were missing. I switched to another city and looked similar. The satellite ground imagery looked a little weird and low-res as well, maybe only because nothing else was covering it. I checked my Graphics settings and they're mostly at the top if not maxed out, which my system can handle.

I decided maybe time for a clean install with Prepar3d v4.5 and fresh Orbx package installs. I uninstalled everything, deleted any remaining folders for Preapr3d in Program Files, AppData and ProgramData. Nothing was left except Orbx Central. Started fresh and got it all installed, sadly my scenery looks the same, way off.

I'm not sure if my scenery is not ordered correctly, I let Orbx Central arrange it and I even tried legacy mode but same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!! 

-Dan

I should also mention, I have FS Pilots Global Next Generation installed. No other addons aside from Orbx. This is a totally clean install from scratch.

I ran the Vector config tool for airport elevations, check the configurations for other Orbx addons and nothing jumped out that would fix this.

Hi Dan

How do your insertion points look like?

One of this days I launched the sim and everything was a mess, my insertion points were changed, and all my sceneries were gone, Orbx and 3rd pty. Not a clue of what happened and have not been replied yet but I fixed it.

As you only have Orbx staff I think it will be a lot easier for you

If you don't mind truing this.

Delete the scenery config file in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Then run the sim for it to re create it again, then close it

Run Central for it to write all Orbx stuff in this file, then close

Then run the sim and test if all looks better

I'll sear a post Doug once made for the thing related to the insertion points when one only has Orbx products and will paste it here

Meanwhile I think this procedure will be the fastest one to try first

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Dan

I  believe that only having Orbx products your instertion points should be like this:

Field one  "Orbx Airports and Regions

Field two "Orbx Global openLC

I hope this works for you

Other wise I would download FTX Central and would verify all files with it, then will uninstall it as I read this has fixed issues for some as well as for myself

Please revert with results with first procedure, just deleting the scenery conf file, etc

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for being so helpful. I will try this tomorrow and post my results.

I had the same experience as you, I opened my sim the other day to find everything a mess. Kinda a bummer because I just bought a couple more Orbx add-ons, but now I’m focused on fixing my scenery before I enjoy flying. 

Thanks again!

Cheers

-Dan

You're welcome Dan

I'm 99% sure it will get fixed by doing that

and you may require after to verify the files of the Global products if you happen to find some black textures here and there

I've been through this several time

Good luck and let me know if it worked

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Unfortunately this did not fix my issue. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Orbx Central but same issue. I can see my scenery order seems incorrect compared to how it used to be, but most entries are greyed out and I can't prioritize them correctly. Very frustrating.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm open to any other ideas you may have.

-Dan

I've tried syncing the simulator from Orbx Central, reordering insertion points then back to normal (Airports & Regions on top & Global OpenLC underneath that), verifying addon files, uninstalling/reinstalling Orbx Central, but my scenery order is still out of whack as you can see in my screenshots above. I have no idea what's going on. Here's a screenshot of how horrible Santa Barbara looks. There are airport objects but the city is flat and low res. This is a scenery I purchased and installed. I also uploaded a copy of my central.log file for review. Is something going on with this version of Orbx Central where it is not prioritizing the software correctly? 

2019-12-17_20-23-52-280.jpg

central.log

Hello,

this image

11.png

shows three areas below Default Terrain, one of which is a default area Bathymetry.

As a test, can you disable those three areas, you can untick Bathymetry in the scenery library and untick the other two in the add-ons menu.

Close and restart P3D and see if things improve.

I uninstalled Orbx Central and re-installed FTX Central. Downloaded the global products, NA OLC and San Diego & Santa Barbara airports. Scenery looks normal now and my library order is correct. Something with Orbx Central was messing my library order up really bad.

So I flew out of SBA and into some random area to find black empty scenery patches now. I made some progress but now a new issue. I guess I just can't catch a break here.

2019-12-18_19-8-54-273.jpg

Hi Dan

Now that you have FTX Central I would delete the scenery file as explained above

Will open the sim to recreate it

Will close and will run FTXC

I would verify the files of each product and then will try the sim

Because you just exchanged applications but the scenery file is yet dirty

Is a fast procedure if you don't mind trying it while Nick is back

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

After I uninstalled Orbx Central, I deleted the scenery and addons files then launched Prepar3d and confirmed the scenery was  back to defaults and addons was empty. After that I installed FTX Central and updated the scenery, which all looks correct now. 

I will once again delete the scenery file, let Prepar3d rebuild, verify the installs (although the are freshly downloaded) then I’ll run FTX Central again. Will let you know the result.

Thanks!

-Dan

• 6 months later...

So I thought I would take another stab at this, after taking a break from the frustration for a few months.

Uninstalled Prepar3d entirely, deleted AppData folders, ProgramData folders, Documents folders, Program Files folder, everything! Also uninstalled all addons, which were just REX products, but I kept most Orbx software in my library. I did uninstall Global Base, Vector, OpenLC NA, and Libraries, so I could install into the Prepar3d folder later instead of my external library.

Installed Prepar3d from scratch. Launched and everything was basic back to vanilla. I then launched Orbx Central, and downloaded  Global Base, Vector, OpenLA NA, and Libraries, into the main Prepar3d folder. Then I went through all my other scenery and installed it back from the already downloaded Orbx Library folder then ran the Vector airport elevation tool.

Launched Prepar3d again, and the scenery is STILL jacked up!! Looks at the attached image of the Balboa Park bridge in San Diego, what is that?? And the freeway is missing. And some other screenshots of roads and bridges in San Diego. This does not just affect San Diego.

I have nothing but Prepar3d installed completely from scratch, and Orbx software. I'm just so frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point? I'm just lost. I've sunk so much money into loads of Orbx Addons, would love to get it working.

Bad Scenery.JPG

Bad Scenery 2.JPG

Bad Scenery 3.JPG

Hi Dan

What do you mean by?:

4 hours ago, dansandiego said:

Then I went through all my other scenery and installed it back from the already downloaded Orbx Library folder

Also you didn't mention to have installed the Object Flow which is key for perfect display

Go to Central and in "my products tab" you will find the Object flow option

Do you have third party sceneries?

If yes, ensure these go higher priority/level in P3D library; you set this in with the insertion points in Central

Test and report back

Cheers

Carlos

@carlosqr

On your first question, I had most of my Orbx scenery already downloaded so it was easy to install back to the simulator.

Object Flow is installed. I did an uninstall/reinstall to see if that helps, but same issue.

Nothing third party addons at all. Just vanilla P3D and Orbx software. Nothing else at all.

Seems like a layering issue. I disabled all addons, except for Global Base Pack, Vector and OpenLC North America because they were not an option to disable. San Diego looked correct for mostly basic scenery and Vector roads looked good.

Then I added back NA Southern California and it still looked correct, Vector roads were there and the Balboa Park bridge was there.

Then I added back Orbx San Diego and it was a mess, the bridge had parts from the two sceneries combined, one being the black bridge and the other white. The black part is not even level, just parts of it sticking up. I took another screenshot to show you. Also you can see another bridge at the top of the pic, it doesn't quite connect to the road and looks awful. Vector roads are missing too. The whole city looks like this.

I also tried uninstalling OpenLC NA, Vector, NA Southern California, and San Diego. Then installed it all back, still looks the same.

in Orbx Central, I've run the Vector airport elevation tool, Sync Simulator, and re-applied the insertion points. Nothing seems to fix this.

Bad Scenery 4.JPG

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Roads, trees, buildings, and overall scenery don't look good anymore
8 hours ago, dansandiego said:

@carlosqr

On your first question, I had most of my Orbx scenery already downloaded so it was easy to install back to the simulator.

Object Flow is installed. I did an uninstall/reinstall to see if that helps, but same issue.

Nothing third party addons at all. Just vanilla P3D and Orbx software. Nothing else at all.

Seems like a layering issue. I disabled all addons, except for Global Base Pack, Vector and OpenLC North America because they were not an option to disable. San Diego looked correct for mostly basic scenery and Vector roads looked good.

Then I added back NA Southern California and it still looked correct, Vector roads were there and the Balboa Park bridge was there.

Then I added back Orbx San Diego and it was a mess, the bridge had parts from the two sceneries combined, one being the black bridge and the other white. The black part is not even level, just parts of it sticking up. I took another screenshot to show you. Also you can see another bridge at the top of the pic, it doesn't quite connect to the road and looks awful. Vector roads are missing too. The whole city looks like this.

I also tried uninstalling OpenLC NA, Vector, NA Southern California, and San Diego. Then installed it all back, still looks the same.

in Orbx Central, I've run the Vector airport elevation tool, Sync Simulator, and re-applied the insertion points. Nothing seems to fix this.

Set compatibility mode to SCA in the control panel, also turn off dynamic trees.

Cheers

@carlosqr @Matteo Veneziani

Compatibility was already set to SCA. I turned off dynamic trees and no change with my scenery issues.

I decided to upgrade to Prepar3d v5, and everything is fixed! No change in the graphics settings or Orbx addons I have installed. It just magically works. And v5 has a fairly large performance improvement for me, so overall this was a good move.

Thank you both for helping me out. Much appreciated! Have a fantastic weekend!

1 hour ago, dansandiego said:

@carlosqr @Matteo Veneziani

Compatibility was already set to SCA. I turned off dynamic trees and no change with my scenery issues.

I decided to upgrade to Prepar3d v5, and everything is fixed! No change in the graphics settings or Orbx addons I have installed. It just magically works. And v5 has a fairly large performance improvement for me, so overall this was a good move.

Thank you both for helping me out. Much appreciated! Have a fantastic weekend!

I think probably you were having some issues in p3dv4 probably with sca ( is a common issues ) now with a full new clean installation everything is working right, nice :)

Cheers

Archived