Ushuaia - Malvinas Argentinas

Enzo Augusto

7 hours ago, Enzo Augusto said:

I suggest if possible one project Ushuaia (Argentina)

Hello Enzo,

I think Ushuaia is a very scenic airport location.  

As Larry pointed out, it is currently one of the airports available in Orbx's freeware Global Airports Pack.

You can find it under the Freeware link on the Orbx home page.  https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

Orbx also has freeware mesh for use with their OpenLC South America.

Here are a couple screenshots of Ushuaia.  I have the following products installed:

- Orbx Global Airports (freeware)

- Orbx openLC South America (payware)

- Orbx Global VECTOR (payware)

- Orbx Trees HD. (payware)

- FreemeshX (freeware, but not from Orbx.  Again Orbx does have its own free mesh for South America.)

2019-12-13_15-14-50-157.thumb.jpg.5e1ae79531731462b4c1c5aa6566119b.jpg

2019-12-13_15-12-46-780.thumb.jpg.ece74c57dfed1f0218efbc202926cf7c.jpg

Looks a bit better than pure default P3Dv4

1860341857_UshuiaP3Dv4default.thumb.jpg.c45b7eed18411b0f24dae93e57a754f8.jpg

Good morning friends, I don't use ORBX openLC South America (I bought it but I didn't install it) because I chose PILOT'S - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX, and what I really meant is an airport detailing, with its city and mountains, I went there twice (summer and winter), I think it would be very nice to have this scenario rich in details (payware)

ushuaia-argentina.jpg

Ushuaia.jpg

fondo.jpg

17 hours ago, Enzo Augusto said:

Good morning friends, I don't use ORBX openLC South America (I bought it but I didn't install it) because I chose PILOT'S - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation 

Hi Enzo,

Pilot's product is a mesh, a map of terrain elevations, OpenLC South Am is a different animal entirely, it is a map of land uses. I've flown this region a little bit, both are complementary and bring value to each other. 

On 12/16/2019 at 6:02 AM, Enzo Augusto said:

I don't use ORBX openLC South America (I bought it but I didn't install it) because I chose PILOT'S - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX

Enzo,

I recommend installing openLC South America.  The "LC" stands for Land Class, which is the scenery layer that determines what "class" of texture is drawn at each location.

Dominique is correct that Pilot's FS Global Ultimate is a mesh, which is just elevation data.  The two products do different things.

Here is a handy image of the layers that make up FSX/P3D scenery.

1871078682_Scenerylayers.jpg.8bbdb81d7ccbc533fdca413dc621f177.jpg

Vector layer = Orbx Global VECTOR

Texture layer = Orbx Global Base Pack

Landclass layer = Orbx Global openLC South America

Terrain Mesh = Orbx Global openLC mesh South America (freeware) or a third party mesh like your Pilot's mesh or FreeMeshX.

Edit: You can have more than one mesh installed at a time.  The sim will pick the one with the best resolution for the flight you load.

Good evening friends, thank you Matt McGee and Dominique for the tip, I will install today, but I still expect an ORBX scenario for this beautiful place, even in summer the mountains perish with ice (less clear), ice age ice of our planet. , look at these photos of a lagoon for me (2 hours walking in nature), the name is Laguna de Esmeralda, one photo taken in winter and the other in summer.

Laguna de Esmeralda 1.jpg

Laguna de Esmeralda 2.jpg

Archived