GE North and no Snow in Winter Season ?

Hello,

there is not a True Earth "GES" yet.

My guess is that the Orbx season and the airport developer's season do not start on the same day.

My other guess is that the real Germany is not blanketed in snow from the 1st December throughout the

winter either.

A solution, unless insistent on running the simulator in real time, it to change the date until they match.

Ähm i think it is a little Bit the Problem with FTX Global and FTX GE North.

Here the mail from the Developer :

Hello,

The fact is that the EDDP seasons were tuned to the ORBX Global, if you use ORBX GE, you need to disable the local change of seasons, because ORBX GE have different areas of snow. 

I think that FTX Global has Winter textures in this Region , but FTX GE North is Higher in the Scenery Library and overwrites this Winter textures because GEN thinks there is no snow. can it be ? 

Hi there,

the two FTX Germany regions contain custom seasons files that are much more accurate/realistic than the default version. While one can disable them, as Nick suggests, it will probably create compatibility issues with GEN/GES itself as all the included photoreal areas have their seasonal progression coded to match the customs season file. Thus, the better idea in case of clashes with third-party airports is to move the current date forwards or backward by a month.

Cheers, Holger

Archived