KTIW - some issues

Good day Gentlemen!

Thanks to Orbx for making KITW including the two Tacoma Narrows Bridges.

Some issues please with the request for an update:

1. The MALSR typed approach lights system of runway 17 does have the 3D poles for the sequenced flashing lights but the lights are burning steadily.

2. The ILS has no G/S - it is defined as LOC.

3. There are six markers defined but according to charts from the FAA and Jeppesen KTIW has only an Outer Marker (OM) at IAF SCENN 5 NM out of runway 17.

4. Might it be possible to integrate the "Pilot controlled Lightning" on 118.5 MHz? Would be a nice feature...

Thanks a lot in advance - have a good time!

Bert

Transaction ID: 5de780ad53ea7

I agree with all the above, especially point #2.  As for luxury features, I'm somewhat disappointed Orbx stopped including sounds with their smaller airfields.  Hearing airport sounds is unrealistic from the pilot seat, but it made exploring the airport in avatar mode so much more enjoyable.  Bert's list needs to take priority, of course, but the lack of sounds removes some charm that I've grown accustomed to.

Thanks Bert,

I'm currently on holiday so forgive me if answering forum posts isn't high on my list of priorities.

1) correct. They are currently fixed. Though this was an oversight, unfortunately it's not simple to implement in this instance. Using traditional APX lighting doesn't work and SODE has proven to be unreliable in the maintaining the flashing sequence in the past. If we can come up with a reliable solution at some point in the future they may look at retro-fitting a solution.

2) I can't verify this at the moment but if it is indeed the case then it will be fixed

3) The markers you're referring to I believe are contained with P3D's own database and generally not something we like to mess with. They're certainly not something that we have added. Nevertheless I'll investigate whether they can be updated or corrected.

4) Judging by the December 2019 data that we used as a reference, I don't see any mention of PCL nor the frequency you mentioned. I'm happy to be re-educated but at the moment PCL is not a function we can implement.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg!

Thanks for your answers. But at first enjoy your holidays... Here is nothing life threatening as we're doing flight simulations :-)

I'm keen to see the update for this wonderful made airport.

As for number 4 please see the jeppesen chart (AIRAC1913) attached. PCL is a common feature at many smaller airports in North America. So it would be great to see that in your scenery.

Take care!

Bert

KTIW10_9.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
11 hours ago, Flying Rhinoceros said:

Hello,

I'm curious if anything can be done to add the glide slope for the runway 17 ILS.  Love having a quality KTIW!

Thank you

I can't find any history as to when TIW added the ILS approach or upgraded from a sole LOC approach.  It's possible this was done post P3D database.  You can update the ILS database freely and you may get the glideslope.  I won't be around my computer to test and see if I receive it on my sim (with current database) though for a few days.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:33 AM, Flying Rhinoceros said:

add the glide slope for the runway 17 ILS

Hello FR, welcome to the forums.

KTIW ILS and Glideslope are working for me, approaching at 3,000 AGL the GS is picked up and followed to the runway.

KTIW ILS.jpg

Hi Rhino and Smudger!

Indeed there is only a LOC installed at Orbx' KTIW's runway 17 which should be a ILS according to charts from FAA and Jeepesen.

I've just tried to change this with Hervé Sors' "Airport Inspector" but it failed though the Airport Inspector and P3D v4.5's map are indicating an ILS now. And of course no glideslope indiciation in the cockpits. Little NavMap is showing an ILS indeed but this might be related to navdata--updates.

So I kindly ask the developer ot jump in and make an ILS out the LOC that comes with the scenery.

Thanks a lot - stay healthy!

Bert

Hi Nick!

I've just checked the new file - no change as I've got still only the LOC part of the ILS...

This is quite remarkable as I tried that some day before with Hervé Sors Airport Inspector indicatiing that it was a LOC instead of a complete ILS wiht G/S. So I changed this with the tool but (!) saw still only a LOC. I tried this again some minutes ago unchecking the BACKCOURSE (BC) option which was active as well - no change.

Can anyone here confirm my observation please? And is thwre dev who has an idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot for your time - stay healthy!

Bert

• 3 months later...

Hi all!

Checking in again on this topic.  I have moved to a clean install of P3D 5.1 with fresh download of everything and have again found no G/S for RWY 17.  Being my home airport (and many months of low, gray weather) I'd love to sort out the ability to approach in low visibility.  I have checked for the G/S with multiple reputable aircraft developers and it doesn't seem to be there.  Although I'm willing to explore new and creative ways to change the original P3D/Orbx installations, it would be preferable to have the developer address this (seemingly) small oversight.  Thoughts??

Thanks very much to Nick and everyone at Orbx for bringing the virtual world to life!

~Rhino

Hello,

I have no idea what happened in between but it also didn't work any more in P3D v4 for me.

I have added a Glide Slope and attach the amended file.

It should go into ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KTIW\Scenery and be allowed to overwrite.

2020-11-30_10-49-59-415.jpg

EDIT: It looks like I have just duplicated my reply from 27th July and done the work again.

Never mind.

The files have been added to the installer now.

KTIW_ADEP4_TRB.bgl

Archived