ESNQ Scenery and FSX-SE issues ...

BAW9DV

Hi,

I have just bought the ESNQ and ENSG sceneries for FSX-SE.   Right now, I have only installed the ESNQ Kiruna scenery - and have issues with floating scenery elements!

I have checked the screenshots to make sure that the elements seen ARE actually part of the scenery - and they are.   I have FTX Global Base installed and FTX Vector, both enabled.

I have my airport sceneries at the top (upper) layers and the Orbx regions, Base and Vector thereafter.   I have checked that Vector is installed correctly and I have disabled ALL libraries except the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, World Times Zones and the Static Objects library - and no matter what layering I choose, I get the effects you see in the video ....

Note that the PAPI lights do not illuminate and as I taxi into the runway exit, the blue edge lights start to move over the ramp.   As I move further, the little GA aircraft and some of the little buildings also start to move as I move!

I'm a bit stumped!

Any ideas?

Thank you,

regards,

Lee

Hi!

We had a similar report last week as well, not really sure what is going on.

I'm talking to my team trying to see what can be the issue,

Just came thinking about it, didnt FSX:SE release an update last week or so? Is that one installed as well?

Just trying to understand why this happened twice in a row now when it seems to have been working out quite well the last year :)

I'll get back to you,

Cheers,

Marcus

Hello Marcus

Thznk you for jumping in.   MS released an update to FSX-SE that allows them to gather data on the sim. However, the update is optional and does not provide any improvements to the sim, only data access to MS so I have declined the update. I use all the many other Orbx sceneries without issues. 

I have not tried disabling Vector yet, nor have I tried a re-install. 

what does happen is that, no matter what I do, Orbx Central always wrecks my scenery library layering!  So I usually allow the install then check the scenery install path before I reload my library from backup to correct the changes done by Central before adding the scenery manually

I assume that ESNQ has just the scenery and texture subfolders and no other additions that have to be enabled?

i do of course enable the Orbx Libs

cheers

Lee

Hi!

Yes, there should not be any other additions.

As for scenery library order, you know you can set the insertion point in the library for your ORBX sceneries in FTX Central, right? So it can end up whereever you like in the stack.

Don't know if thats what you meant that it wrecks your library layering or if it does something else to it. 

We always recommend trying to reinstall when facing issues with our sceneries as they tend to fix a lot of problems for some reason, so if you've got the time to try that that would be helpful for our troubleshooting. Also, maybe just try to leave the scenery library as set by ORBX just when trying out the scenery at that time and you can add your backup-cfg afterwards?

Just so the manual addition does not screw anything up with the FTX Central & Objectflow installation.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hello Lee,

perhaps it would help if you were to attach your scenery.cfg file, so that Marcus and I can see what 

your "layering" looks like, ideally two copies, before and after.

By the way, the update does add back a few details but also returns "Real World" weather, which is

a worthwhile change, I think. 

Thanks for jumping in Nick,

I’ll give this a go shortly.  Normally I use the standard library order - Addon scenery and then the usual standard library folders below, finishing with default terrain. Above the Addon scenery are the LIBS;  then Orbx global and LC sceneries, in Lat/Long order, east to west with the easterly most sceneries highest. Then above this, all my airport sceneries, again layered in Lat/Long order with the easterly sceneries highest. My top most scenery is in Pago Pago. Then all ordered westwards with SanFrancisco being the further west.  This is the way Microsoft recommends. 

but I will reinstall and leave the scenery order set by Orbx Central and check it out.  I do know about the insertion point, but it never works for me - it always inserts ALL the Orbx Addons back at the top of the library (layer 1)!

ill give it a go shortly 

Thank you

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Jeeno said:

I also had exactly the same issue. I use FSX-SE as well. The only solution I found was to disable this airport using the vector elevation tool. 

Blimey!!   I cannot believe I didn't think of trying this!

I have been through every method I can think of to attempt to fix this.   In the end, I tried using the VECTOR Tool - and it has worked!!   This is really weird because I seem to remember trying this early on and could not see ESNQ available in Vector in order to disable it!

So, after all this, I took Jeeno's suggestion and enabled Vector and then tried the Elevation Tool again (kind of forgot that I had tried it early on) - and it works!!

Thanks Jeeno!  And of course my thanks to Orbx members for jumping in with suggestions.

Regards,

Lee

3 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

Blimey!!   I cannot believe I didn't think of trying this!

I have been through every method I can think of to attempt to fix this.   In the end, I tried using the VECTOR Tool - and it has worked!!   This is really weird because I seem to remember trying this early on and could not see ESNQ available in Vector in order to disable it!

So, after all this, I took Jeeno's suggestion and enabled Vector and then tried the Elevation Tool again (kind of forgot that I had tried it early on) - and it works!!

Thanks Jeeno!  And of course my thanks to Orbx members for jumping in with suggestions.

Regards,

Lee

It's really weird as I wouldn't expect to do this in a payware ORBX scenery. However it's the only solution :D

Archived