Please keep the AFS2 products coming

Kilstorm

I know there is a lot of uncertainty in the market place right now and for the near future. That said, AFS2 is still a great platform to enjoy VR in. The few products that I really hope that will come out in 2020 would be KACK and KBID to compliment their NY scenery. KTEX to go with the already KEGE and finally KSEZ as its just a great location. I had some pilot friends over yesterday and I alway use AFS2 to get friends use to the sim and VR. Doing patteren work at Palm Springs. Why PSP because I have that product in both AFS2 and P3D and its a towered controlled airport in PilotEdge. I could of used KEGE, KMRY as well but one is Class C and the other is high up in elevation so I wanted something closer to MSL. We did pattern work and once they were use to VR, I switched to P3D and signed on to PilotEdge to give them the real deal in the A2A Cherokee which they are fractional owners of in RL.

Once again. I know hardcore simming and the market place is geared to have some bumps with lots of promise going towards one to three main sims and AFS2 isnt one of them but to be able to just load up a flight in no time, experience amazing VR in the smoothest sim out there with the fact that from what I've read is also a great platform for helos with their R22, well I hope we can still see some new airports for AFS2 from Orbx before the end of 2020 when we can expect the simming land scape to be a bit different.

22 minutes ago, Benny said:

LSZS Samedan would be a great addition, just saying

Ben

Indeed.

However, John Venema speaking about just three ORBX supported sims gives me a bad feeling

Kind regards, Michael

9 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

What I ask has nothing to do with AFS2, but how dit your friends experience the A2A Cherokee?

Did they think it's a toy or does it resemble the real deal?

They were blown away as expected. Saw huge potential for using it to better their skills.

When I see the enthusiasm of users in this forum, I am increasingly sure that Orbx will no longer release products for AFS2. The same in the iPacs forum, because I do not see any official news for the simulator and any major update.

18 hours ago, Mak said:

When I see the enthusiasm of users in this forum

We where at some point, but everything faded away.
IPACS is basically a 2 men team, 2 programmer only.

Considering that it's amazing what they did.

I still use it as much as P3D for different reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Aerofly as platform to mature and become anything to take up a majority of the market share was always an up hill battle but its not dead. Unlike Flight, AFS2 with its 200plus fps, VR and beautiful lighting, will have a place on my harddrive for years to come to enjoy a quick trip in the pattern or to show a friend what simming is all about as a great demo.

Archived