How Can We Reduce 3D Demand at Leeds ? - Turn Off Traffic etc Using 100% of a GT 1080

Gabe777

lNot having this problem in any other OrbX airports.

There are way too many caravans, cars and moving cars. for starters.

Adjusting XP settings makes not one jot of differnece.

I should not be getting 100 percent GPU useage when looking towards the main temrinal.

Could you please give us a Control Panel where stuff can be switched off as I don't fancy spending 2 days weeding stuff out using WED.

Thnx

Don't get me wrong - it also the most beautiful airport I have - other than Narvick and Hammerfest ...... but is hammering my GTX 1080

There is just way too much stuff going on behind the terminal area. There needs to be a simple way to stop it all,

The recommendation is at least to turn the Texture Quality to High and not either of the Max (no compression) or Max with Compression options. There will be an increase in fps. The major resource hungry area is right by the terminal buildings. As soon as you move away from the buildings the fps improves.

My comments do not detract from your request or suggestion for a Control Panel to switch off unwanted aspects, merely to inform you of what will assist in a better performance than you are apparently receiving. The effect of PBR also has a performance hit. I want to quote you a response I received from a developer in regard to the effect on performance potentially, of PBR.

"PBR requires using more textures to tell the computer exactly how materials should render. This will always result in higher VRAM usage which is added onto what other sceneries and aircraft are taking up VRAM."

I too have a 1080(Ti) and have to adjust my settings accordingly. What I do, besides having Texture Quality set at High, is briefly lower my AA to FXAA and this results in a +12 FPS increase. I use the AA method because it is instant and doesn't require a XP restart unlike a change in the Texture Quality setting.

I will pass your suggestion regarding a Control Panel to the developer section'

@Greg Jones

Yes I know all this.

But I'm not faffing around with settings just for one airport.

EGLC - 70% GPU use

EGHI - 50 % GPU use

Non-OrbX - 30 %

EGNM = 98 - 100 % = Major stutering - GPU does not know what to do first.......

No doubt Newcastle is AS bad, and Edinburgh.... considerqably worse, given it's 3x the size.

Nuff said ???

Here is what I see at Leeds regarding FPS readings in a couple of locations that are supposedly resource demanding. I also show a pic of my XP settings. I have a 1080 Ti and have adjusted my XP settings to run smoothly in the TEGB series of addons which are quite demanding in themselves, especially TEGB South in the London,EGLC area. My AA settings are lower than some users may use because I have a 4K monitor and any higher a setting is not noticeable. 

Have you deleted your XP.prf and/or shadercache recently, which helps restore some fps?

I am trying to help here but you appear to be content on blaming the addon for your performance experience whereas I am trying to show you that it is not something I can reproduce with my settings and I assume similar hardware. FPS is shown in top left and bottom right

Capture.thumb.JPG.7ebaa45fb09f57fab92fb9c70dfe2e38.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.33c7a0ca524b3c1a959ffa0d3757225b.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.de2f69a832722e3f7b02eeb907b0dc4b.JPG

For a start you have very low AA. If I rurn mine down to FSAA only, my GPU goes to a typucal 50 fps.... I said this above.

You also have Ground Scenery shadows off.

I do not.

As my numbers show, at similar settings in other Orbx airports I get half the GPU demand.

It IS the airport. It is either, or both, all the animated traffic or the PBR.

I am not reducing all my settings for one airport when a simple control panel could enable us to disable various elements... as most Orbx airport control panels allow.

Another poster suggests it may be the car park. I would guess its all the animated stuff directly behind the terminals..... but given this is not present at London City, my guess is still the PBR.

It would also explain why the GPU usage is hitting 100 percent and NOT the CPU (which you would expect if it were the animated traffic) or the GPU VRAM if it were the textures per se on all the parked cars.

I am guessing the PBR hits GPU processing... which means usage is correlated with the amount of PBR.

I am guessing also therefore, that given Edinburgh is even bigger than Leeds = more PBR.... then more PBR = more GPU usage percentage.

But I won't be finding out as I will not be purchasing it, or Newcastle until the PBR hit with this new wave of "Full PBR Airport" graphics can be tempered in some way.

They look great in screenshots and slow moving extetnal cameras, but not in real time use.

End of bulletin.

Archived