My upcoming scenery plans for PNW

ba43

I would like to announce my "planned" scenery projects for the ORBX Pacific Northwest "NA Blue" package. I will use Instant Scenery to create these enhancements and do these using none of the copyrighted object libraries from ORBX, OZx, FSAddon or any developers who created library objects that I can't get permission from.

So, it's going to be a challenge but I am fairly certain the readily available Runway 12 object libraries and many of the EZ scenery libraries out there will accomplish my goals. All those interested in using these sceneries will need to have at least those libraries installed.

So here goes. My first release will hopefully be finished before the weekend arrives, is in honor of ORBX CEO and President, John Venema.

Instant Scenery projects for PNW

"Le Chalet Venema"

(North of 3W5 on far NE end of Lake Baker)

Chalet, guest house, boat transportation to/from, boat landing area, Jeeps to/from, STOL airstrip with landing strip marked and a small office, aircraft parking, static aircraft at STOL, helicopter landing area, cabins with smoke, campfire, picnic tables, jeeps, birds, bears nearby, elk, deer, flags, waving person at end of fishing pier, people on pier, people around chalet, people in campground, boats, sailboats, kayaks, canoes, add small lakefront cabins on lakeshore with seaplane dock and static aircraft on approach to chalet property but several miles south. Add campground with campers, RV's, etc  see link below.

Baker Lake Campgrounds

http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/112608.html

"Sandman Lodge"

Pemberton Area

Wooden lodge, cabins with smoke, campfire, picnic tables, jeeps, eagles, birds, flags, floatplane, piers, people, boats, tent campsite, hikers, kayaks, canoes, docks, fishing pier, STOL area, etc.

"Camp Womack"

Mount Hood area lake

Cabins and camping, picnic tables, RV's, jeeps, birds, flags, floatplane, piers, people, boats, kayaks, etc. STOL.

"Jae Kae Resort"

Mount Ranier area lake

Mansion, road access, jeeps, birds, flags, floatplane, piers, people, boats, kayaks, STOL, etc.

7S3 enhancements

Add birds flying, bears in the river, river rapids w/spray efx. Livestock nearby, Etc.

Mountain climbers waving and tent camps on Mt. Hood, Mt. Ranier

Mountaintop Fire lookouts http://www.seattlepi.com/getaways/38655_rentals13.shtml

Floatplane bases in Oregon, Washington and Canada with docks, static floatplanes, small buildings, buoys, piers, seagulls, static birds.

Cabins added to PNW with docks and static floatplanes, birds, wildlife, etc.

FedEx facilities at KPDX, KSEA and CYVR with hangars, static aircraft, buildings, trucks.

Add 787 static aircraft outside Paine Boeing factory

Add museum aircraft at airport near KSEA (707 Air Force One)

Fish farms using fence corrals, spray efx, pipes, docks, piers, small tanks and buildings.

Balloon festival with tents, carnival nearby, cars, crowd, etc 

Hospitals with helicopter pads, ambulances

Downtown highrise helicopter pads on various buildings. (Need help finding a pre-made landable helipad for rooftop use)

Horse farm with barn and pasture, trucks, buildings

Cattle farm with barn, corral and pasture, trucks, buildings

Wheat field harvest with combines and with birds flying

Navy Ships offshore, fleet formation

Cruise ships in Vancouver harbor and at the terminal

Container ships at port facilities with cranes, containers, dock equipment.

Phosphate shipping and port facilities with dirtmounds, grain elevators.

Petroleum refinerys near port with tank farms and super tanker offshore waiting and at the pier. Anacortes Shell refinery near Port Angeles, Chevron and BP signage on fictitious refinery tanks and buildings, tanker trucks.

Static shipping offshore and in ports docked and waiting nearby.

Coast Guard at KAST with choppers and C130 aircraft

AFB with fighters and choppers, cargo aircraft

Airshow with Blue Angels parked, static aircraft, tents, people, cars parked, toilets, ambulance and fire equipment

Fleet week with naval vessels, tall ship, hydroplane, etc

Speed Boat regatta with ocean racers, buoys, spray effects, crowd onshore, tents

Sail boat regatta with ocean racing yachts, lots of small sailboats, boats, tents, people onshore, etc

Carnival in town, arcades, tents

Flying birds at lots of default airports, and various locations

Camping sites with Deer, elk, bears, birds

Orca pods offshore at various locations

Dolphins at various locations

Grain elevators with dirt mounds, equipment

Forestry with log lakes, boats, factory, trucks

Volcano science with observation sites near summits and people waving, volcano fire efx, spray

Ranger stations using jeeps, trucks, cabins

High school football fields

Fire stations with trucks

Animated wind socks at small grass fields.

--------

So, it's a big starting list but I hope you'll enjoy these if and when they are released.

Just my way of saying thanks and adding something to an already fantastic product.

Brad

Sounds ambitious! Mind you, any bears seen anywhere near 7S3 would be trapped and sent away immediately  ;) Heck, we're lucky if we see a few deer now and then.

Summer's coming, so a little jaunt up to Camp Womack sounds like just the ticket to get away from it all. Heh.

Bill,

Yeah, the bears will be moved out to "Camp Womack". 7S3 is a little too developed for bears I guess. Any locations you want to suggest that might be good fo Camp Womack, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

This is going to be great. I will be loking forward to the seaplane/floatplane accessable units.

CampWomack will be visited regularly-I'll bring the cold ones..... :D

Are you accepting any requests.....?

I would really like a BackCountry PropClub base (a floatplane outfitter operations)....

at CYHE (HOPE) along the river and maybe connect it to the airport for the wheeled planes...

Our Multiplayer could be based there,  with lots of floatplane/docks,Checkin office..., maybe a dirt taxiway from the main airport to the float base..

Guest Northwest Pilot

Sounds fantastic and would love to see it. That is except the bears around 7S3 as mentioned. Will there be a series of boxes to check or uncheck particular static objects like Dolphins during install if we so choose?

Guest J van E

One more question: will these additions be pure fantasy or do you planes bases and things and stuff where they are in reality? (This doesn't apply to everything in the list, of course.)

To make these work, you'll install the folder for the specific area/addon, into your FSX addon scenery folder. That's it pretty much.

To get all the various objects to show up in these scenery addons, you should first locate and download  the various freeware object libraries into FSX. There are a bunch but mainly look for the Runway 12 libraries, (3 library files to install) and the UKVFR object library. 

I'm doing my best to design these using the default object libraries that are already installed with FSX. I'm trying to keep track of the objects I select paying close attention to this practice. However, I am fairly certain not everybody will have the files installed. I will do each readme.txt with specific instructions stating what you will need to have to see the scenery in your FSX the same way I designed it in my FSX.

Some objects are only going to show up if you're using FSX Acceleration. But I will try to be as generic as I can be.

To answer the question about the nature of these ideas, they are 99% fictitious. Imagination is a great thing and with a tool like Instant Scenery, imagining a lakeside resort or mountainside campsite can come to life with some mouse clicks. So let yourself believe these are real and fly there when you have the time.

Thanks,

Brad

Hello Brad,

an ambitious list indeed, reminds me of the "wild" days at Misty Moorings  ;D My "own" lodge in the Pemberton area works for me, thanks for the consideration  8) When I was working on forestry contracts in the area I used to stay at a B&B in town that has a magnificent view of the valley from its outdoor hot tub on the porch. Can't beat that after a long day of climbing over, under, and around big trees!

One request I have is that you create separate placement .bgl files for each location with a consistent naming scheme that indicates their content or area. That will make it much easier for your users to pick and choose, particularly if there are overlaps/incompatibilities with other third-party extensions for FTX PNW.

Have fun!

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Will try to find a nice location for "Sandman Lodge" in the Pemberton area. I'll be out scouting real estate soon.

I have the files saved in separate folders with specific names for the area project.

Chalet Venema:

/addon scenery/Chalet Venema/scenery/brads_chalet_venema_01.bgl

Sandman Lodge:

/addon scenery/Sandman Lodge/scenery/brads_sandman_lodge_01.bgl

This should keep things simple for any trouble that might occur. Plus make it easy to uninstall if so desired.

Brad

nice idea, I'm doing something similar for my FBO's owned for FS economy.(just for personal use) Those that remember the Island I converted get the idea.

Good luck and looking forward to it, and a great tribute to some of the main "characters"

Dave  :)

Brad, how about when you are doing the naval flotilla you could add a submarine (boomer) running on the suface in the Hood Canal.  Maybe one around the Bangor area would be realistic.

Some of my best memories in the Navy was coming in and out of Bangor on a missle boat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 9 months later...

Archived