getting scenery errors after installing LFLJ Courchevel

Caruso

Hello. After installing the orbx LFLJ scenery I get the following error messages (see also attached log file):

0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A22.obj:9:
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A21.obj:11:
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:34.586 I/SCN: DSF load time: 47614 for file Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+008.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW.obj:8:
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6:
0:00:34.586 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/

Both the orbx library and the scenery have been installed correctly via orbx central.
The library sits directly in the x-plane custom scenery folder, the LFLJ scenery in the ORBX Libraries-folder, linked to the scenery folder by orbx central.

Any help apreciated.

Log.txt

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Please run  Verify Files  for Courchevel. Open Orbx central and click on Courchevel, then on the right hand page scroll down to Options and click on Verify Files.

Jon, hank you for the advice.
I did as suggested but the error message still appears:

0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A22.obj:9:
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A21.obj:11:
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW.obj:8:
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6:
0:00:42.541 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/

Anyone else having this issue?
Any help apreciated.

Log.txt

Hi Jon
I use MacOS 10.14.6.

The "Terminals" folder is 749.2 MB, 216 files.

I have searched for the files on my mac. Interesting these are exactely where they are supposed to be:

Courchevel_A22.obj

Courchevel_A21.obj

ShadowMap_3.png

x_Tower_NEW.obj (definitely also showing in the sim...)

x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj

and this is missing:

ShadowMap_2.png

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as this seems to be a problem with Orbx Central and not X Plane 11, I have moved it to

the Orbx Central forum.

Please attach a copy of the central.log file so that the developers can see what is going wrong.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Here comes the log file.

orbx central log.txt

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Caruso

Your central.log file indicates that the Orbx Central worker process that performs the installation isn't starting correctly. The error code in your log file is extremely unusual.

Can you try completely reinstalling Orbx Central and seeing if the issue persists?

6 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @Caruso

Your central.log file indicates that the Orbx Central worker process that performs the installation isn't starting correctly. The error code in your log file is extremely unusual.

Can you try completely reinstalling Orbx Central and seeing if the issue persists?

Hi @Josh Koz

Thank you. I will do as suggested. Should this also include the reinstallation of the affetced scenery?

I have now reinstalled Orbx Central ans also reinstalled the Orbx LFLJ scenery. The scenery error persists. This is an Excerpt of the X-Plane-Log:

0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: | Beim Laden des Szeneriepakets ist ein Problem aufgetreten:
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: | Die Szenerie wird eventuell nicht korrekt angezeigt.
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: | Bitte sehen Sie sich die Datei Log.txt näher an, um eine detaillierte Information zum Fehler zu erhalten.
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:615)
0:00:49.306 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A22.obj:9:
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A21.obj:11:
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW.obj:8:
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6:
0:00:49.306 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/

I have attached the X-Plane log and the Orbx Central Log.

While uninstalling the Courchevel sceney with Orbx Central I also have noticed, that central only removes the airport scenery folder (A) but not the mesh folder (B). I had to remove it manually before reinstalling.

Any help very welcome.

orbx central log_11.10.2019.txt XPlane Log_11.10.19.txt

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

It appears that you no longer have a problem with Orbx Central, so let's go back to the X Plane 11 forum.

I suppose you refer to the initial issue of x-plane not recognizing/finding elements of the scenery?

What about Orbx Central not uninstalling the mesh part (B) of LFLJ thus having to uninstall the mesh manually? This is my first Orbx scenery with mesh so I don't know if this is standard. I would expect Orbx Centra to uninstall all elements of a scenerey when told to do so.

I am hoping that Jon may be able to help you with the missing elements that you are reporting.

I have all my X Plane 11 Orbx addons in an Orbx Central Library and the uninstaller removes the

entire Courchevel folder.

I also uninstalled it and installed it again into the Custom scenery folder.

Once again, the uninstaller removed both folders.

I cannot therefore replicate your problem with the mesh folder.

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I am hoping that Jon may be able to help you with the missing elements that you are reporting.

I have all my X Plane 11 Orbx addons in an Orbx Central Library and the uninstaller removes the

entire Courchevel folder.

I have Courchevel directly installed in the x-plane/custom scenery folder.

Courchevel consists of two folders : Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport and Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh.

Central only removes the Airport folder.

I am sorry but I am struggling here to assist. Does the addon work, or are you just seeing error messages after the flight has loaded?

Looking at your Log extract it is reporting a huge amount of "unable to find....objects" in many of your airports.

However what concerns me is that some of the error notations in your Log regarding Orbx Courchevel are for objects with reference numbers I don't see in my installation.

Can you also do the following:

Create a new folder in your XOP directory and name it as Custom Scenery 1 Disabled. Then rename your actual Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery disabled. Then rename your new Custom Scenery 1 disabled to Custom Scenery. Drop a copy of the 2 LFLJ files plus Orbxlibs int othat file. Run XP and see if you still get error messages. We are trying to isolate the problem with no chance of any interference from any other addon.

Please completely remove to desktop your disabled version of Courchevel and any other associated files that may have come with it.

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Does the addon work, or are you just seeing error messages after the flight has loaded?

Looking at your Log extract it is reporting a huge amount of "unable to find....objects" in many of your airports.

As far as I can tell the addon works. I haven't noticed any missing elements so far.
Still it is very anyoing to get an error message every time I load a new flight. It is the only scenery that provokes the display of an error message on screen. Back in X-plane 10 these kind of scenery weren't eaven loaded. The sim simply stopped...

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

reate a new folder in your XOP directory and name it as Custom Scenery 1 Disabled. Then rename your actual Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery disabled. Then rename your new Custom Scenery 1 disabled to Custom Scenery. Drop a copy of the 2 LFLJ files plus Orbxlibs int othat file. Run XP and see if you still get error messages. We are trying to isolate the problem with no chance of any interference from any other addon.

Please completely remove to desktop your disabled version of Courchevel and any other associated files that may have come with it.

I followed your instructions. Unfortunately the error message persists.

Error Message LFLJ.png

XPlane Log onesceneryLog.txt

@Caruso I am going to have to pass this on as I have no further assistance to offer.

To summarise:

You operate on a Mac.

You have Orbx Central.

You have installed and uninstalled LFLJ several times but Orbx Central is not uninstalling the Mesh file.

You have reinstalled, verified files but continue to get "annoying error messages.

The addon appears to work OK. "Unable to find " items are actually there in your folder except for ShadowMap_2.png.

You have uninstalled and reinstalled Orbx Central.

You have supplied Log txt files for both Orbx Central and XP

@Nick Cooper Please advise and reassign this query to a suitable forum or Dev. As far as the addon is concerned it is working. What is not working correctly is the error messaging or the reading of the Custom Scenery folders by either Central or XP

0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A22.obj:9:
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: | Beim Laden des Szeneriepakets ist ein Problem aufgetreten:
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: | Die Szenerie wird eventuell nicht korrekt angezeigt.
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: | Bitte sehen Sie sich die Datei Log.txt näher an, um eine detaillierte Information zum Fehler zu erhalten.
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:615)
0:00:37.408 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_2.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/'.
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/Courchevel_A21.obj:11:
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/misc/
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Tower_NEW.obj:8:
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Terminals/ShadowMap_3.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/'.
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/x_Hangar_Courchevel_AO.obj:6:
0:00:37.408 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Terminals/Main_bldg/
0:00:37.408 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1198719 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:00:37.408 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1896082 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf (312242 tris, 18 skipped for -3112.4 m^2)

XPlane Log onesceneryLog.txt

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Caruso,

Have you tried completely uninstalling LFLJ including deleting the the directories that aren't removed like that mesh folder?

I'd recommend removing LFLJ completely, checking if any errors exist in the simulator, then performing a fresh installation.

16 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @Caruso,

Have you tried completely uninstalling LFLJ including deleting the the directories that aren't removed like that mesh folder?

I'd recommend removing LFLJ completely, checking if any errors exist in the simulator, then performing a fresh installation.

Hi Josh. Yes I have tried all of those steps already without any improvement.

• 1 month later...

I am plagued with the same issue!

I use a mac-pro computer under MACOS 10.14.6. It is a high end configuration with a lot of RAM

As with Caruso, it happens only with LFJL ORBX scenery. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, this (very fine) scenery  seems to be faultless. I have other ORBX sceneries which work like a charm. Usually, this kind of missing file problem is cured by updating some library, but in this case, the files are just there, exactly where they should be. I noticed that these files are in dds format, while the reported missing files in the log.text are png. I made png copies of the files, hoping that they would be better recognized, but no, it makes no difference.

I reported the problems ages ago, but, apparently, for some reason, it didn't get through. No need to say that I tried reloading, reinstalling, several times but with no result. I have no clue.

The relevant part of the log.text is attached.

I really hope you can do something. It is really troublesome because flying in the vicinity or Courchevel is enough to get the error message again and again.

good luck, help will very appreciated

Michel

LFLJ log.rtf

Archived