EGNX a couple of issues

mburkhard

Installed the new ENGX in P3D v4.5 and I like it a lot! Initial impressing is that of a high quality airport with good colours and detailed texturing.

I did spot a few issues though, which hopefully can be corrected:

• The fence texture lacks mip-mapping. Therefore the fence is flickering heavily all around the airport. Mipped it myself and the issue went away.
  • No seasonal blending for hard winter: The airport is green/brown while the surroundings are covered in snow (using FTX Global and OpenLC EU)
  • Seasonal texturing seems a bit off compared to P3D's own seasons: When choosing Spring (March), then the scenery still shows the winter base texture. Only from April the correct base texture is shown.
  • AFCAD file: There seem to be no gate type or airline assignments whatsoever? My PAX and cargo AI aircraft park totally at random. RYR at the cargo apron, DHL or FDX at the passenger apron. Things like that can be corrected easily in the AFCAD file. Hope you can do that in an update.
  • Could you perhaps provide a few more customisation options? For example with so many cars placed at the parking lots, disabling half of them things would still look great, while saving a bit of headroom for performance.

All for now, thanks again for providing us with a nice UK airport!

Cheers,

Markus

I agree with the original post...Plus M1motorway disappears almost at the end of the runway and reappears in ftx england some distance away...There is no tunnel on the M1

My summer textures do not blend well...The EGNX trees are a very light green whilst the FTX England ones are the dark green more intune with the seasonal colours.

Agrre with parking...The DHL cargo terminal has Ryanair parked at it..

Still a very nice airport..

Dave

Not sure if it is just me however I have no dynamic lighting at the airport. Taxi and runway lighting seems to be working however apron lighting is non existent which makes the airport unflyable at night for me.

All other airports in my collection seem to be working as normal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

No dynamic lighting 1.PNG

No dynamic lighting 2.PNG

21 hours ago, Jeepee said:

Also, the runway aiming point marks (white painted touchdown marks) shouldn't be the standard ICAO plain blocks, but rather the British style :

Good catch, this is a must for British airports as it's quite a nice thing to set them apart from standard ICAO.

Gentlemen!

Here is another finding on EGNX:

There are neither 3D PAPI-boxes nor 3D Approach Lighting System visible in the scenery. Very uncommon for the very high scenery quality at Orbx. Is there a chance for an update please?

Thanks and kind regards!

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

First of all I would like to thank @mburkhard to get my attention for this thread. 

Bert- great to see you here as well :)

As for the landing zone- seems like British airports getting "upgrade" and adopt the "rest of the world" runways markings (hope you will also adopt the road driving sides so the chances ill be killed in the next time in the UK will reduce a little. LOL....).

The change took place in both EGNX and EGPH (maybe also in others but I'm aware for those we developed):

EGNX:

- the most update image from google earth (14.9.2016). you can see clearly the old British layout and the area norh of the runway is still some agriculture fields:

image.thumb.png.576432056a7d1e1b045fd1b297481e0d.png

in compare, here is the imagery used for EGNX scenery which is much more updated than the one in google earth (you can clearly see the new warehouses working north of the runway. those warehouses already done btw and also exists inside the EGNX scenery):

image.png.5ecd0f4239a8c07f8848004e3fec922f.png

Lets take also EGPH:

Google earth 05/2017:

image.thumb.png.e29cdef2de9a62be7d6a6110e36f3688.png

and here in 06/2018:

image.thumb.png.35b97ab3f42d95ca8a1e387ba6a47007.png

Archived