Diamond Head Mesh Problem

Gentlemen, good day!

Thanks to Frank and Holger for bringing a paradise on earth into P3D v4: Honolulu...

At a first visit there I saw a mesh problem at Diamond Head: Depending on the angle and distance there is a kind of "Mesh Pumping" burying the buildings inside the crater (total or partly). The result is a very different view compared to the pictures on the Honolulu page here. I've tried different mesh resolutions (5, 2 and 1 meters) without any changes.

In use is P3D v4.5 with the Hotfix, all Orbx products and FSDT's PHNL. Mesh is provided by FS Global 2010. No other hawaiian scenery installed and/or active.

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Bert

Transaction ID: 5d7cbe7e72f4f

DiamondHead_1.png

DiamondHead_2.png

The sim only uses the highest res mesh available.  That would indicate that your sim is finding mesh that overrides the Pilots mesh from somewhere.  Have you ever had any Hawaiian scenery? If so it might have left some residual mesh in your folders.  Often the quickest way to check is to use a scenery config editor to untick all scenery layers not specifically required for a flight around Hawaii.  And check the World Scenery Scenery folder for any ADE files etc that might relate to a scenery in Hawaii.

Hello all!

It's there with and without FSDT's PHNL. I followed Holgers advice...

...by deactivating the named three files inside PHNL's scenery folder.

Though it's not big thing I hope that one of the dev's will read this post and has an idea.

Thanks a lot to you both!

Bert

Hi Frank, thanks for jumping in!

This "hole" is always square/retangular (often looking as combined-shifted squares showing steps) and only inside the crater with some morphing of the outside part at the tunnel as the entrance to Diamond Head. Everything else seems to be stable.

I've searched the P3D folder and C:\...\Documents\Prepar3D Add Ons for "*PHNL*" and "*hono*": Nothing.

And I've deactived

...Scenery\OCEN\Honolulu.bgl and ...\ohau.bgl

...Scenery\World\FSDT_PHNL_Alt.bgl

without a change to this phenomenon. And again I deinstalled PHNL. No change.

Thanks a lot - have a great weekend!

Bert

Archived