Floating man at KORS airport entrance

ikbenik

Thank you for showing that the scenery is correct. In my scenery-pack.ini file, KORs is the first item on top of all other Orbx-airports that are also above all other scenery packages.

The Orbx TE-packages however are far below and just before libraries-, Ortho- and Mesh-files. Should I move the Orbx-airports just before the TE-files?

Is it normal that there is a prefix 'A' before KORS_OrcasIsland as scenery file while it concerns only one file? I see for LOWI_Innsbruck prefixes A, B, C and D.

Maybe I'm missing via download a possible B-XXX or even a C-XXX  KORS-file?

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

No, move the TE packages to just below Global Airports. Make sure all the Orbx airports are ABOVE Global Airports

Hello Jon,

Moved all TE-files(in same order of coarse) under the file 'Global Airports' but the issue remains. why is the car&lady well positionned and just the man not?

However by further looking to my scenery I remark that the airport area is sunken in relation to its boundaries, see screenshot 2. Any idee what causes this?

op8JT9S.jpg

bfcj43F.jpg

I've looked at you scenery_packs and there are many errors in the layering, but I don't want to revise it as you may not be having any problems. You have for example many Zphoto and photoscenery files layered above global Airports and these should all be down the bottom of the .ini just above your HD Meshes.

I don't know why you are having issues with KORS except that you have so many files but only a few that relate to Washington state, like 

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/2S8 - Wilbur airport_WA-US/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/2S9 - Willapa Harbor airport_WA-US/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/6WA2 Gower Field_Washington State-US/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KESW - Easton State airport_WA-US/

It looks like a mesh issue, but I can only suggest you try the Verify Files option to see if that helps.

I'm sorry ikbenik but I had a real belly laugh seeing him up there.  My first thought was he was on a magic carpet or as we say in the States, someone took off his ankle weights :lol:.  Again, I'm sorry but it's just so funny to me but I do know Orbx will resolve it.  I haven't bought it yet but I'll be sure to look out for this.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'm sorry ikbenik but I had a real belly laugh seeing him up there.  My first thought was he was on a magic carpet or as we say in the States, someone took off his ankle weights :lol:.  Again, I'm sorry but it's just so funny to me but I do know Orbx will resolve it.  I haven't bought it yet but I'll be sure to look out for this.

If you look at my pic of what i see Jack then you are going to be disappointed if you don't see what the OP sees !!

8 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

If you look at my pic of what i see Jack then you are going to be disappointed if you don't see what the OP sees !!

I'm pretty sure mine will be okay.  It was just so silly seeing him so high in the air.  And I feel bad that this is happening to him.  I hope it can be fixed for his sim soon.

27 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I've looked at you scenery_packs and there are many errors in the layering, but I don't want to revise it as you may not be having any problems. You have for example many Zphoto and photoscenery files layered above global Airports and these should all be down the bottom of the .ini just above your HD Meshes.

I don't know why you are having issues with KORS except that you have so many files but only a few that relate to Washington state, like 

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/2S8 - Wilbur airport_WA-US/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/2S9 - Willapa Harbor airport_WA-US/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/6WA2 Gower Field_Washington State-US/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KESW - Easton State airport_WA-US/

It looks like a mesh issue, but I can only suggest you try the Verify Files option to see if that helps.

Thank you for the additional info, I will shuffle into the *.ini file till I find a more correct scenery representation worldwide. My question remains unclarefind why just one object(the man)

is out of position while all other airport-adds like persons, cars, poles, marking boards, buildings are well correct in place. Is the man part of the many libraries or part of default-XP?

I really don't know why the man is in the air in your sim, when it isn't in mine. You could try a few tests to see where the fault may lie.

1. You could try and run the Verify Files option for KORS in Orbx Central

2. Disable your 2 mesh files of HD3 & UHD4

3. If that doesn't resolve it I can only suggest you disable al the other addons temporarily except for Global Airports,TE Washington, OrbxLibs and KORS and see if it corrects the issue. Have KORS at the top and then under Global airports put your TE Washington/Custom/overlay/orthos followed by Orbx libs. Now do a test flight at KORS and see if the man has come back down to earth  where he belongs on the side of the pickup truck.

Then start adding back your other addons making sure you layer your scenery_packs.ini each time you add one. 

The layering should be from top down:

3rd party airports

Global airports

scenery enhancements

Libraries

Ortho Overlays

ortho photo scenery like zphoto and Ortho4XP

3rd party mesh like HD3 and UHD4

1 minute ago, Vostflyer said:

Sorry to butt in but, from the images posted, it looks like the 'Runways follow contours' option may not have been checked in X-Plane.

John

Good point Vostflyer and thanks for "butting in" :)@ikbenik Check if you have the setting of Runways follow terrain contours enabled in  XP Settings/General options.

I hope this is the resolution to the problem and is something that didn't occur to me for some reason.

11 hours ago, Vostflyer said:

Sorry to butt in but, from the images posted, it looks like the 'Runways follow contours' option may not have been checked in X-Plane.

John

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Just confirmed that you need to enable the option of Runways follow terrain contour.

Here is a pic with that option disabled. The man has his jetpants on:lol:

2.thumb.JPG.54d65c0d458291772bf9ca561f4a9587.JPG

To 'Vostflyer' and 'Jon Clarke' : indeed, the 'runway follow contours' was unticked. Corrected it and it's all right now. The man was tired hovering in the sky and

sits now again down on his pickup car enjoying the airport traffic:

8WuoifG.jpg

Thank you both for the final solution. If Orbx-staff reads this, maybe always include in manuals concerning airports to have this XP-option always ticked on.

Archived