Hilo dark patches in P3D 4.5

Hi Jack,

just testing the new Ohahu scenery and than looked at this here. If you check the sattelite view in maps there seems

to be no town/houses in the east side of the airport. West side is the City. May be something is wrong with your landclass classication.

Can be a problem of the terrain.cfg. Looks like this on my system:

2019-9-16_Hilo_1.thumb.jpg.1316e5c5ea8c2de5cfb940a9db660439.jpg

2019-9-16_Hilo_2.thumb.jpg.3e74881486683a4516dc9ad5d3049995.jpg

Have to add some traffic to the Airport.

Cheers

Andreas

20 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Hi Jack,

just testing the new Ohahu scenery and than looked at this here

But this is from Hilo Andreas, can you maybe go to the coordinates in my shot and see if your's looks like mine? The new CityScene should have nothing to do with this as it's a whole different island.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Andreas but I wouldn’t even know what to look for.  I’m good at some things, this, not at all.

The terrain.cfg defines the landclass and sits in C:\programdata\LM\p3dv4.

Holger Sandmann knows a lot about such things. I suggest asking him, if something is wrong in this file you will have problems elsewhere too. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

But this is from Hilo Andreas, can you maybe go to the coordinates in my shot and see if your's looks like mine? The new CityScene should have nothing to do with this as it's a whole different island.

My 2 shots are from Hilo, look at the airport Jack, it's the same airport.

Hi guys,

random 'morphing' textures indicate that the sim can't find landclass textures referenced by a landclass placement file. That means either the locally active landclass package isn't installed correctly (in this case openLC North America plus Global Base) or there's an incompatible third-party add-on active at higher display priority. I'd check for the latter first by temporarily deactivating any add-ons for that area at higher display priority than the Orbx block of entries.

Cheers, Holger 

31 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

random 'morphing' textures indicate that the sim can't find landclass textures referenced by a landclass placement file. That means either the locally active landclass package isn't installed correctly (in this case openLC North America plus Global Base) or there's an incompatible third-party add-on active at higher display priority. I'd check for the latter first by temporarily deactivating any add-ons for that area at higher display priority than the Orbx block of entries.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks Holger but I never once had any third party Hawaii.  Do you recommend I verify LC N/A and Global?  Because I don't think you can uninstall Global right?

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger, I did a Verify Files on Base and N/A LandClass and went back and now it’s perfectly fine.  Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for fix request from ORBX...!

The fix needs to be a sticky until ORBX can squash this reoccurring bug!

You have to completely delete the effected LC and reinstall.

However, it's been reported a full delete from ORBX/FTX Central leaves behind several files in the LC Folder that have to be found and manually deleted.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the NA LC 3 times and finally fixed it.

The problem is that any change or update to the LM scenery causes the issue to reappear again and again ad nauseum...

The easiest way for me to test is to fire up the default EGLIN Airport and fly to the other airport to the right along the shore when taking off over the water...

Every time this issue reappears this area is always effected.

Not sure about the Europe LC cause I don't fly in Europe currently so I haven't checked there in awhile.

Archived