Is there a way to uninstall just the Washington Enhancement Pack?

speedwoblz

Just bought Washington TE HD and the Expansion Pack. Looks fantastic, but the Expansion Pack is a bit much for my 1070gtx... as I thought it would be, but I wanted to see for myself.

When I get a new Vcard I'll use it then, but in the meantime is there a way to uninstall it without uninstalling the whole of Washington TE?

Thanks guys, but it's already defaulted to SD in the Control Panel, but it seems to be of no effect. Plus I can't change a thing using the control panel as it tells me I can't change anything with the Simulator running. Problem with that is... it's not running when I go into the CP. I actually restarted my PC then went right into OC to open the CP for the Enhancement Pack and it still declares XPlane is running.

Here's what's happening:

Everything runs smoothly outside of Seattle Int'l Airport. While I'm at the Airport everything gets delayed. For instance if I'm in cockpit view and press my External View button it takes 3-5 seconds before it responds, but again the moment I get a mile or so away, I start getting smooth FPS again.

So apparently, even with Standard checked, the Enhancement Pack still chokes my 1070 when near the Big Airports and City Scenes. I'm not upset as I was well aware of that possibility beforehand as stated clearly in the Product Description. I just need to shelf it for now until I can miraculously get a newer 11g card oneday. 

For now it looks like I have to uninstall all of Washington TE and reinstall since there is no option in the WEP CP for it to be uninstalled.

I run a 1070 *GB GPU also and have SD and the Enhancement Pack running. I was getting good fps but micro pauses similar to what you are describing. I resolved the issue by turning down my Texture Setting to High from Max (no compression). It may help you, as now I run very smoothly with no stutters/pauses especially in exterior views.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I run a 1070 *GB GPU also and have SD and the Enhancement Pack running. I was getting good fps but micro pauses similar to what you are describing. I resolved the issue by turning down my Texture Setting to High from Max (no compression). It may help you, as now I run very smoothly with no stutters/pauses especially in exterior views.

The thing with that is, as Pete has advised in another in depth posting, you are now running at 2K rather than 4K, when the texture slider is on only High.

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem w/ my HP Omen Laptop w/ RTX2060 and i7 processor.  When at KSEA it stutters and crashes even though I turn all settings down.

It ran fine before installing the Enhancement Pack.  There is no uninstall button, so how do I uninstall it?

Thanks,
Peter

9 hours ago, SpeedyPete said:

I have a similar problem w/ my HP Omen Laptop w/ RTX2060 and i7 processor.  When at KSEA it stutters and crashes even though I turn all settings down.

It ran fine before installing the Enhancement Pack.  There is no uninstall button, so how do I uninstall it?

Thanks,
Peter

Have you turned everything down in the Control Panel for the Enhancement pack, and not just your XP settings? Open Orbx Central and click on the Enhancement Pack and under Options it shows  Configure. Opening that option allows you to revert back to all the standard definitions. I know there is no Uninstall option and will ask the Central team about that, but believe it was because you can return back to all the normal settings  via the Configure option.

I also would like to know how to uninstall the Expansion pack. Since installing it I get a message when flying in the Seattle area stating that X-Plane 'Is Completely Out Of Memory' or something along those lines after only a few minutes of flying. I would think my 32 GBof DDR4  would be enough. All of the settings in the Configure with Orbx Central are set to the lowest settings but I still am totally running out of memory around Seattle.

1 hour ago, kerrygipe said:

I also would like to know how to uninstall the Expansion pack. Since installing it I get a message when flying in the Seattle area stating that X-Plane 'Is Completely Out Of Memory' or something along those lines after only a few minutes of flying. I would think my 32 GBof DDR4  would be enough. All of the settings in the Configure with Orbx Central are set to the lowest settings but I still am totally running out of memory around Seattle.

I am trying to find out but your running out of memory message could be related to the number of programmes running in the background and also your XP settings being too high. 

Until I get a definitive answer to how to uninstall try with lower XP settings. Maybe not he answer you are looking for but until we get answer I cannot offer any other solution at present.

I have received confirmation that there is no way to uninstall the Enhancement Pack. XP will only load the textures chosen via the Enhancement Pack configuration options. The lowest settings within each option is the same as if you didn't have the Pack installed.

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen,

I'm glad I found this thread. I bought the enhancement pack, but it's not on my account.

I'm not sure if it's installed with my SD version. There's also no sign of any config tool for the additional scenery or files.

Update: It's showing up now on my Orbx Central, but I will not install it until I can verify that if it doesn't perform well that I can restore my backup.

6 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Gentlemen,

I'm glad I found this thread. I bought the enhancement pack, but it's not on my account.

I'm not sure if it's installed with my SD version. There's also no sign of any config tool for the additional scenery or files.

Update: It's showing up now on my Orbx Central, but I will not install it until I can verify that if it doesn't perform well that I can restore my backup.

There is a Configuration option. There is no uninstall option but if you look in the Configuration option you will see there is the option to have the "Standard" textures which is basically what you have without the Enhancement package. See the 2 pics below:

Capture.thumb.JPG.b75e9a7870d8b54f3d6a0750eabd7cd8.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.36bef641ba8fb19d0e6949498cff16e9.JPG

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Are you referring to the SD version of TE Washington when you say  "Can I still take advantage of the extras even at SD?"? If so yes you can. 

Hi Jon,

I can confirm two things:

1) There's an uninstaller for the Washington enhancement pack.

2) The WEP does affect performance near the mountains. I was experienced stutters while panning so I decided to uninstall both TE Washington and the pack. I had a backup. With only TE Washington, no more stutters near the mountains. Maybe the devs added something to the AG trees that affects performance? Too many trees.

Anyway, I was more interested in the improved urban airports, but it did not look like the pack improved much. The freeware airports available from .org and TE Washington do a great job rendering a beautiful PNW.

Jose

2 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Hi Jon,

I can confirm two things:

1) There's an uninstaller for the Washington enhancement pack.

2) The WEP does affect performance near the mountains. I was experienced stutters while panning so I decided to uninstall both TE Washington and the pack. I had a backup. With only TE Washington, no more stutters near the mountains. Maybe the devs added something to the AG trees that affects performance? Too many trees.

Anyway, I was more interested in the improved urban airports, but it did not look like the pack improved much. The freeware airports available from .org and TE Washington do a great job rendering a beautiful PNW.

Jose

My error Jose. Sorry, i hadn't realised there was now an uninstaller. I do believe that a while back there wasn't. 

Archived