Barton update.

Dadtom65

Just wondering if there is anyway to uninstall the Barton update because frankly I can not use it. It was ok before the update no troubles at all but now I can not move in some places at Barton. Managed to take off and my frames were round about 30 frames but still jerky and to land but coming around where the big hanger is, I ground to a halt, just could not move plus my frames were at 30 still, full power and the C172 would not move. My settings then were for visual effects high(HDR) and texture quality maximum and still 30 frames. Plus think it was there that there is an issue with the runway, sharp bumps. Which wasn’t there before the update. Also landed at EGCD and no issues at all. In Washington and other places I’m getting 50 plus frames. Like now I’m at EGCD and getting 35 frames. Also this is with no antialiasing, no reflections and world objects high. Anybody any idea’s. Derek.

Regarding your Log file. I cannot see anything untoward. Your posts are very frequent and many times they are announcing different results. Yesterday on the forum you posted you were only getting 14-16 fps and then you posted you were back to 50fps. I am running out of suggestions ! So try the uninstall reinstall of Barton and test. If poor performance try removing the Barton Overlay. If still poor then disable all your plugins (I see you run Live Traffic) . If performance is then still poor in comparison to what you were getting prior to the Barton update (which just maybe coincidence) then I don't know what support I can give. It may well be a hardware problem or too many programmes running in the background etc.

Sorry haven’t replied as our little grandson was here but there’s nothing in resources/ plugins saying Live Traffic. Plus I’ve given up on it as started a new flight and everything was OK no stuttering, could move around alright. If it happens again I will just restart the sim first. Thanks for your help Jon much appreciated. Derek.

38 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Sorry haven’t replied as our little grandson was here but there’s nothing in resources/ plugins saying Live Traffic. Plus I’ve given up on it as started a new flight and everything was OK no stuttering, could move around alright. If it happens again I will just restart the sim first. Thanks for your help Jon much appreciated. Derek.

Just to note that removing the line in your scenery_packs_ini file will not remove scenery or prevent it loading because as long as the scenery folder exists it will rewrite the line when Xplane starts. You have to physically delete the scenery folder to remove it.

Archived