EGLC crash when landing runway 27

ozric766

Hi all,

Just bought the new EGLC airport - amazing release!

When I try to land on runway 27 - 100ft  from touchdown the sim announce a crash (like ground crash) . tried with different kind of airplanes and get the same result. crash, and then sim closes and back to windows. Does anyone else experience this? 

Please update

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, John Dow said:

The general advice is to disable the crash detection in the sim.  The original coding was never suitable for today's complex scenery, nor is it particularly realistic anyway.

I get the same issue and I have crash detection off. There are some strange elevation issues going on at EGLC, which I think is the issue. I've bought it but I can't use it.

Oh.  Interesting.  Well, if it's not the actual crash detection, but a crash to desktop with no warning, that's usually indicative of an FS9 model in the scenery somewhere, which is a known trigger for a sudden return to desktop.  I can't imagine it's in the actual package from Orbx, or we the testers and other users would have experienced it, so it's likely to be an aircraft or ship model related to another scenery package.

Tracking it down might not be easy.

The issue is the fact that everything is ok on approach (I've only tried RWY 27 so far) UNTIL about 50-100 ft above the end of the runway then all of a sudden everything stops (i.e. the screen freezes) BUT the sound carries on and you can hear the plane land and a couple of seconds later the screen comes back with the plane (usually) off the runway somewhere because you can't see what you were doing. Just for information I am using the Majestic q400 and that is the only aircraft I've tried so far. And my approach speeds have been on the money so this is not user error.

This makes the airport unusable and it would be good if we could get a response form the devs. I also have the same issue at KSEZ.

The video would seem to indicate that the aircraft thinks the runway is more elevated than the visuals would indicate.

That sounds like the issue with the Majestic Q400, which is why I don't fly it anymore.  It does that.  The plane basically just pauses while something loads up and then the sim has to compensate or catch up.  This shouldn't happen with any other aircraft.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:04 PM, John Dow said:

That sounds like the issue with the Majestic Q400, which is why I don't fly it anymore.  It does that.  The plane basically just pauses while something loads up and then the sim has to compensate or catch up.  This shouldn't happen with any other aircraft.

It isn't the plane.

It would be good to get a response on this from and ORBX employee.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I don't recall hearing about any major issues like that with the Majestic Q400?? :huh:

Well it's been that way since I first bought it for FSX I was hoping it would behave better in P3D but it isn't any better.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:12 AM, John Dow said:

Have you tried with other aircraft?

It appears fixed, but only after uninstalling vector. So that was a waste of money, then. I've had issues with vector and elevations since day 1. And yes, I do run the tool.

It's disappointing that I don't seem to be able to find a definitive solution to a problem that exists with a combination of ORBX only products. 

Hello,

you could try disabling Vector rather than uninstalling it.

You could also try renaming ABP_EGLC.bgl, the only Vector file for this airport.

You didn't answer the question "have you tried with other aircraft?"

It is possible that this could be a unique combination of three products.

Goodmorning everyone, I encountered the same problem, using three different aircraft and also trying to touch after the middle of the track. The problem does not arise if you take off and land in the opposite direction. The crash occurs both with GB True Heart and with "normal" GB and is located in the track header. Hoping to have been helpful, I offer my regards.

Maurizio Rizzotto

Peregrine

Your video shows something more like a wake turbulence effect in Active Sky to me.  But I'm not privy to your sceneries and setup so I don't know what's going on there.

I just completed a quick circuit of EGLC in the Q400 and as you can see my flight resulted in a normal touchdown

Archived