How to uninstall Orbx True Earth Washington

Juniorsimmer

I am new to installing scenery software.  I was getting 40 fps prior to loading True Earth Washington and now the computer either locks up or I get anywhere from 1 to 20 fps and no more.  Is there a solution to this or do I uninstall True Earth Washington and if so, how do I uninstall.  Keep in mind I am a newbie....thanks for your patience.

1 hour ago, Juniorsimmer said:

I am new to installing scenery software.  I was getting 40 fps prior to loading True Earth Washington and now the computer either locks up or I get anywhere from 1 to 20 fps and no more.  Is there a solution to this or do I uninstall True Earth Washington and if so, how do I uninstall.  Keep in mind I am a newbie....thanks for your patience.

Welcome to the forum!  What are your computer hardware specs?  And your XP's settings?

4 hours ago, Juniorsimmer said:

I echo Jack's welcome to the Orbx Forums and am sorry you are having a problem.

As Jack says, we need to know your PC specs, as a minimum spec is required to run XP and also demanding addons. Also your XP settings and which version of TE Washington are you having these problems with? There are 2 versions the HD version and the SD version.

To answer how to uninstall, you open up Orbx Central and choose the XPlane installation location from the options. I have attached 4 pics to show you easily how to do the uninstall process.

Finally I need you to attach a copy of your Scenery_packs.ini from the XP directory/Custom Scenery folder. Again see the pics of where to look for it. When you find it drag a copy to the location on your reply post as indicated in the last pic I attach. I suggest you keep the pics for future reference in case you have other problems then you will know the various procedures and where to find processes.

Here are the pics:

2.thumb.JPG.24e26153de91a72b9d517fe7be391de1.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.8747b130ab685acc1223ff3dc24b7072.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.1b20dab609aadbd4d21a0c4e42a39375.JPG

5.thumb.JPG.fe972d0ecdbb2c62046b8c48e9d07476.JPG

6.thumb.JPG.87d1ea8ce4028019c9e72246b88c8aeb.JPG

7.JPG.4efa572e821fc27fcf84ecda99febe12.JPG

8.thumb.JPG.2e297d31af5930e126e184ec413e6289.JPG

My system consists of a Dell Aurora R4 desktop with 8 GB physical RAM, the processor is an Intel Core i7-3930 running at 3.20 GHZ.  My video card is an NVidiaGeForce560Ti.  I have the Pro Flight Yoke system with the single throttle quadrant and rudder pedals.   I am currently using the default settings for XP11.  I tried to copy the screen for my graphics settings but cannot figure out how to do that from a full screen.  I believe I am using the SD version of TE Washington.  It was the first one released.  My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  I hope I have given you enough info to work with.  I am just learning XP-11 and not a real computer whiz anymore.  To old (73 years) :-))

54 minutes ago, Juniorsimmer said:

My system consists of a Dell Aurora R4 desktop with 8 GB physical RAM, the processor is an Intel Core i7-3930 running at 3.20 GHZ.  My video card is an NVidiaGeForce560Ti.  I have the Pro Flight Yoke system with the single throttle quadrant and rudder pedals.   I am currently using the default settings for XP11.  I tried to copy the screen for my graphics settings but cannot figure out how to do that from a full screen.  I believe I am using the SD version of TE Washington.  It was the first one released.  My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  I hope I have given you enough info to work with.  I am just learning XP-11 and not a real computer whiz anymore.  To old (73 years) :-))

Well if you are Juniorsimmer then how old is Seniorsimmer:lol: Don't worry I am not far behind you. Good to see us oldies have such an interest in flightsim.

Now to the point: Your PC specs are not to the level required so you will be struggling to get a decent performance.

You still need to attach a copy of your scenery-packs.ini, and I have shown you how to do that in the pics I posted. It maybe that it is there that we can see if any improvement can be made.

Thanks, Jon.  Another simmer recommended I try flying from an airport outside of the area covered by True Earth Washington.  I did that, and my FPS is back to over 40 FPS.  I guess I  will have to unload True Earth Washington and stick with the default scenery until I replace my computer.  High res scenery is nice, but I enjoy the flying more than looking at mountains, etc. What do you think?

scenery_packs.ini

55 minutes ago, Juniorsimmer said:

Thanks, Jon.  Another simmer recommended I try flying from an airport outside of the area covered by True Earth Washington.  I did that, and my FPS is back to over 40 FPS.  I guess I  will have to unload True Earth Washington and stick with the default scenery until I replace my computer.  High res scenery is nice, but I enjoy the flying more than looking at mountains, etc. What do you think?

scenery_packs.ini 1.08 kB · 0 downloads

Before you do anything like uninstall let's look at some options. Yes your PC specs are not upto the minimum require for the HD version, but possibly will be OK for the SD version with XP settings adjusted accordingly.

You need to confirm the version of TE Washington you have installed. Look at the pic I posted about  Orbx Central showing in whitened highlight the version installed. Confirm the version first please. If it is the HD version then we need to look at installing the SD version which is less demanding but with very little noticeable difference in display quality.

Another point is that I don't see OrbxLibs installed. This is the Orbx Library that you need to have installed but is not showing in your scenery_packs.ini. If installed it should show up as:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

To install it you need to open Orbx central and click on Global on the left hand side where the regions are shown. It will show you the OrbxLibs install option. Install it.

So you have 2 things to do:

1. Confirm to me the version of TE Washington you have installed. If it is the HD version then uninstall it and install the SD version.

2. Download and install the Orbx Library for XP.

I have slightly rearranged your scenery_packs.ini. but at the moment that is not the cause of poor performance. Let's see about improving the performance first.

scenery_packs.ini

Hello, Jon.  The version I have installed is the HD version.  I wonder if I will have to purchase the SD version or if Orbx will let me download the SD version since I purchased the HD version.  I also downloaded the OrbxLibs into the custom scenery folder.  I have also noted the comment from Dadtom65 about an additional 8 GB of RAM.  Not sure if I can install another 8 GB into this machine.  I will have to see if there is an additional memory slot.  Sorry for the delay in responding.  I am the primary caregiver for my wife and it has been a bit hectic here for a couple of days.

17 minutes ago, Juniorsimmer said:

Hello, Jon.  The version I have installed is the HD version.  I wonder if I will have to purchase the SD version or if Orbx will let me download the SD version since I purchased the HD version.  I also downloaded the OrbxLibs into the custom scenery folder.  I have also noted the comment from Dadtom65 about an additional 8 GB of RAM.  Not sure if I can install another 8 GB into this machine.  I will have to see if there is an additional memory slot.  Sorry for the delay in responding.  I am the primary caregiver for my wife and it has been a bit hectic here for a couple of days.

I understand your domestic situation and the delays in response are a true example of where our priorities should lie.

You obviously purchased the HD version so you can have the SD version for free. What you need to do is use Orbx Central to uninstall which I showed you how to do in my  first 3 pics in my initial reply to you. Then you would click on the SD version and click on Install then choose where you want to install it. I would suggest you install it direct into XP 11.

Lets see how that goes. You need any help then just ask. Take care.

Hello, Jon.  I was able to uninstall the HD version and install the SD version.  I seem to have improved my fps considerably.  I still have some jerkiness on startup but once things get going, I seem to do OK.  I need to put in a couple of hours yoke time and then I will have a better feel for it.  I certainly appreciate your help and patience.  

49 minutes ago, Juniorsimmer said:

Hello, Jon.  I was able to uninstall the HD version and install the SD version.  I seem to have improved my fps considerably.  I still have some jerkiness on startup but once things get going, I seem to do OK.  I need to put in a couple of hours yoke time and then I will have a better feel for it.  I certainly appreciate your help and patience.  

Good news. One aspect of consideration with the True Earth range is that it really requires that World Objects is set to max. This can be quite demanding on a PC so what I find is lowering the Texture quality to High (if not already at that setting vs Max) will maintain good free flowing visuals.

"One aspect of consideration with the True Earth range is that it really requires that World Objects is set to max. This can be quite demanding on a PC so what I find is lowering the Texture quality to High (if not already at that setting vs Max) will maintain good free flowing visuals."

Very good point about max objects....another option which I use is an LOD tweak like VRTwick to lower the rendering radius of objects (mine is at roughly 80%). That allows me to run with the texture slider at max (with compression) at 4K with world objects at max.  My CPU is only an i5 7600K @4.3 OC. 

Cheers!

Archived