TrueEarth USA Washington SD - short finals!

Hello all,

We're not far from releasing TE US Washington SD, which is 25% the size of the original Washington (soon to be renamed HD). Here are the first batch of screenshots from testing. Expect to see more shots from Emmsie later today.

4-38d8de285636d0de7eee9920fa95cc01.jpg

4-874c38e249753be76bc088b7c3fc1b2f.jpg

4-424b58bd5d80baf3b923220868291ace.jpg

4-7a3f405a9d00a230d3af62dc5e8eca8b.jpg

4-2ec4191a8c5402b45b142d0ea58ef304.jpg

4-ca3f5aa53f7d7e0ed06469bd53482512.jpg

4-b6a5c62408e13fc97411ce335d981953.jpg

4-de0f5f432b4b701720f35f0832d2539c.jpg

4-c3352f79ee8d3b55d180693c1013255a.jpg

4-16982895122cf00e604fab92e57d2b73.jpg

We hope to release this weekend.

P.S. The Oregon update is also expected soon, we've had to slip in some mesh updates to cater for new Oregon airport ports being announced soon.

18 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Looking very very good. 

Has pricing been established for the situations where the purchaser already owns TE Washington (HD), or does not own TE Washington (HD)?

TTM

I think that I read somewhere that anyone who has already purchased the HD version is also allowed to download the forthcoming SD version for free. However purchasers of the SD only version will need to pay a little extra if they then wish to upgrade to the HD version. That is how I understand the situation at the moment. Perhaps JV or someone in the Orbx team would like to confirm that that is in fact correct?

29 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Yes you can download the SD version at no cost if you bought Washington originally. Note you must uninstall the HD version first to do so. Be sure to use the OC backup function so you can quickly switch between HD and SD versions.

Great.

Thanks for that.

BTW, you may want to check fselite.net article, they don't make this clear.

TTM

This is a welcome piece of news. I guess when I started a thread in early July in the XP forum asking about optimization of TE Washington, I was voicing a justifiable "what the hey?" in respect to TE Washington performance issues that others were clearly experiencing and which really needed to be meaningfully addressed.

It is really important for those in the software industry to understand that many of us don't have expense accounts that would allow us to write off the every-two-year major hardware upgrades that would require us to keep fully enjoying continually upgraded software. Perhaps that's why so many of us did look to FSW, and are now looking to MSFS2020 to provide an all-in vanilla sim that will provide years of entertainment, right out of the box. If a third-party add-on developer's ambitions to be "cutting edge" undermine a sim's capacity to entertain its users, no one wins ( I suspect that's what finally broke FSX for many of us). If a sim platform can do it all, and do it well, why would we keep buying scenery for, say, X-plane if the development of that scenery outpaces the hardware we bought two years ago in order to enjoy X-plane? That MSFS might require an upgrade is true enough, but for what do you think I could better rationalize a new hardware purchase--to run bits of scenery for an old sim, or run a new sim whose vanilla scenery is jaw-dropping?

No, not a HD upgrade but an Enhancement Pack. The Enhancement Pack (available for Washington SD and HD) upgrades the 3D models and autogen textures, trees textures, and adds new buildings to the Seattle airports. It also allows you to "buy" Israel's Farm for $0.

It should be out very soon. The hold up has mainly been due to extra code being required for Orbx Central.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, John Venema said:

No, not a HD upgrade but an Enhancement Pack. The Enhancement Pack (available for Washington SD and HD) upgrades the 3D models and autogen textures, trees textures, and adds new buildings to the Seattle airports. It also allows you to "buy" Israel's Farm for $0.

It should be out very soon. The hold up has mainly been due to extra code being required for Orbx Central.

Just downloaded and installed the 'Enhancement Pack' and it's absolutely stunning! A few stutters on occasions, especially during 180 deg. turns, but generally no noticable FPS drop after this upgrade. I have gone for a high end PC (Intel i9-7920X 12 x 2.90GHz/GeForce RTX2080Ti 11Gb/32Gb RAM DDR4 3000Mz).

Archived