London City Elevation problem?

I have a problem with the new EGLC airport elevation.

I have run the Vector Airport auto elevation tool and applied it but no joy.

Thanks.

Pics attached.

2019-8-28_16-15-50-423.jpg

EDIT. OK here's my problem.

I have Orbx Global Base and Orbx EU installed. When I select this option in the EGLC configurator, the airport elevation is off. When I select "TrueEarth Great Britain South" (which I have not got installed) the airport elevation is correct?

However, then I loose all the airport buildings and the runway is fuzzy?  See attached pictures.2019-8-28_17-1-27-47.thumb.jpg.c06581a7f59f93ed8ad613827ae0c627.jpg2019-8-28_17-1-11-539.thumb.jpg.e1a1ca89c0319d8ed3affc3046f0a37b.jpg2019-8-28_17-1-19-647.thumb.jpg.c991b7c2402a5cf62bbf98bec46876ac.jpg

Something is obviously wrong?

Thanks.

2019-8-28_16-31-19-346.jpg

I doubt it's directly related, but earlier today when I was first playing about with EGLC and I was dialling the scenery complexity up and down to see what changed, suddenly everything West of gate 9 was underwater as if it had dropped a half-meter or so into the dock! I restarted P3D and it was fine again. No idea what was going on there.

(Having said that, I just realised that the OP has FTX EU England and not TE GB South... so my post is probably completely irrelevant. Sadly I cannot delete it!)

I don't know if this might help some of you. I had the same issue, check the configuration of the scenery, ran Vector configuration and no change. I decided to do things manually, I went to my P3D root folder F:\Lockheed martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\ and change ABP_EGLC.bgl to ABP_EGLC.off and it fixed everything. That file was supposedly created in 2014 so that is what I decided to check if that bgl file was the one creating the issue and it work!

11 hours ago, Ferradini said:

I don't know if this might help some of you. I had the same issue, check the configuration of the scenery, ran Vector configuration and no change. I decided to do things manually, I went to my P3D root folder F:\Lockheed martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\ and change ABP_EGLC.bgl to ABP_EGLC.off and it fixed everything. That file was supposedly created in 2014 so that is what I decided to check if that bgl file was the one creating the issue and it work!

Hi, sadly I tried the "ABP_EGLC.off" and it did not work.

This scenery will not work with my Orbx Global Base/Orbx England?

I have reinstalled several times. I have my settings maxed out and it still looks like the scenery is not installing?

Here are the latest pics. As you can see, the add on is not working.

Is this supposed to be for P3dv4 with Orbx Global Base/EU or is it TrueEarth only?

I have never seen such a mess from any previous Orbx add on scenery, this is very disappointing!

2019-8-29_15-27-43-991.jpg

2019-8-29_15-29-23-400.jpg

Add to this, I have "lost" LOWI, Innsbruck.

I have reinstalled LOWI but it doesn't show up?  Its also not in the scenery files?

I think Orbx Central has messed up my Orbx scenery install?

Whats it done to my sim???????

Hi

Me too I have elevation problem after flight from EGHI (see screen shuts). When I load for flight from EGLC the elevation is ok (except 2 characters and plane taking a bath in tarmac hehehe. See last 2 screen shuts) its only when I arrive from another airport the elevation is not correct.

Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.558321ae9bea9e6a507c97cff80fe00f.png

image.thumb.png.bcc4ae5eae2f00cca38cfbc78d8405e9.png 

image.thumb.png.56cece8ba9dd91bb0522d898fce16065.png

image.thumb.png.ad069d284f8d04500c9cb885b6393a45.png

Hi guys,

There seems to a combination of issues happening here.

The first to check is that your terrain density is set to 5m. Setting to 10m or greater is likely to cause issues.

@herky1955 Yes, the airport definitely works with FTX England, Global and TrueEarth. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why the models are missing. From your screenshots, I can see that terrain elements are installed and operating correctly as well as some of the background building models and vehicles, but nothing else.

What build of P3Dv4 are you running?

My apologies for not jumping on this sooner. I'll see if I can replicate the issue here in the office.

Greg

40 minutes ago, pilecan said:

Hi Greg

Its preferable that I create my own post?

Pierre

Hello Pierre:

Maybe what I posted before would work for you. The pics that you posted looks exactly like my simulator looked. Herky1955 pics at the beginning of this threat looks like there is something more about his problem. Also I forgot to say in my last post that to solve the ground elevation for ai aircrafts and GSX appearing half way sink in the ground I also change

F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.BGL to F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.OFF

Also I had to change to off my EGLC file in my ai traffic program. If you have an ai traffic program the bgl file could be clashing with ORBX. For some reason it did not affect the traffic in or out of EGLC, I just did a flight and landed behind a FLYBE Dash8.

I have Global Base and FTX England on P3D 4.5, I do not have TrueEarth. If you have TrueEarth then might be something different. At least until ORBX comes with a solution, this has work like a charm for me.

Hope this help

Raul 

15 minutes ago, Ferradini said:

Hello Pierre:

Maybe what I posted before would work for you. The pics that you posted looks exactly like my simulator looked. Herky1955 pics at the beginning of this threat looks like there is something more about his problem. Also I forgot to say in my last post that to solve the ground elevation for ai aircrafts and GSX appearing half way sink in the ground I also change

F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.BGL to F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.OFF

Also I had to change to off my EGLC file in my ai traffic program. If you have an ai traffic program the bgl file could be clashing with ORBX. For some reason it did not affect the traffic in or out of EGLC, I just did a flight and landed behind a FLYBE Dash8.

I have Global Base and FTX England on P3D 4.5, I do not have TrueEarth. If you have TrueEarth then might be something different. At least until ORBX comes with a solution, this has work like a charm for me.

Hope this help

Raul 

Hi Raul,

I have read your previous post and I think your solution is very good but I didnt do this because its not the customer to repare it especially for a bran new orbx airport inside their vector library. I think that its orbx  to correct it not the customers as us.  As you I have Global Base and FTX England on P3D 4.5.

I am a little disappointed with this new airport compared to ESSA and EGHI, for example, where there are animated vehicles. It would be nice if there is a train coming and leaving the station with waiting passengers. However, knowing ORBX they will surely make corrections and improvements. 

Thanks and Best regards

Pierre

Hello Pierre and Raul,

as far as I can see, in your cases, there is not a problem with the airport but there is a problem with whichever addon AI aircraft program that you use

because the elevation in its bgl file is not the same as the airport's and GSX, which seems to be looking at the wrong bgl file to find the

elevation of this airport.

Is this correct?

I understand that the GSX database can be updated?

13 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi guys,

There seems to a combination of issues happening here.

The first to check is that your terrain density is set to 5m. Setting to 10m or greater is likely to cause issues.

@herky1955 Yes, the airport definitely works with FTX England, Global and TrueEarth. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why the models are missing. From your screenshots, I can see that terrain elements are installed and operating correctly as well as some of the background building models and vehicles, but nothing else.

What build of P3Dv4 are you running?

My apologies for not jumping on this sooner. I'll see if I can replicate the issue here in the office.

Greg

Hi Greg.

I am running P3dv4.3, specifically 4.3.29.25520 on Windows 7 Pro.  Simconnect 4.3.0.0

I have tried installing EGLC to the sim folder (as all previous Orbx installs) and the "migration folder" C:\Users\herky\Orbx Library\p3dv4.  Both installs produce the same elevation issues and have no airport scenery or vehicles displayed?  I have settings set as per the install instructions on the EGLC doc.

I have just started using the new Orbx Central. I "lost" LOWI but after installing it to  C:\Users\herky\Orbx Library\p3dv4, it re appeared? All other sceneries seem OK. I have used "Sync Simulator" in the Settings/Help menu in Orbx Central.

At the bottom of the scenery library, greyed out, I see Orbx EGLC London City Airport Elevation Stub. Should that not be at the top of the scenery library with the add on airports?

Any help is appreciated?

Cheers

David

Hi Nick,

Yes I have the last version of GSX.

I use UT2 and I dont have any elevation problem with  ORBX and from other provider airports. You can see the elevation issue with the animated characters include in your addon. See in the pic :

image.thumb.png.56cece8ba9dd91bb0522d898fce16065.png

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello pilecan,

here is what I see with every Orbx product installed and active in the scenery library.

EGLC is installed into an Orbx Central library outside the P3D v4 root folder.

6.jpg

This is what I see when EGLC is installed into an Orbx Central library outside the P3D v4 root folder.

So something is not right?

2019-8-30_15-32-12-63.thumb.jpg.59d73d4a2f3bcc33042152c855dd9d9b.jpg

9 minutes ago, herky1955 said:

This is what I see when EGLC is installed into an Orbx Central library outside the P3D v4 root folder.

So something is not right?

Hi Herky,

The problem is that you're running P3D v4.3. You'll need to update your P3D version to the current build (v4.5) as any version prior to v4.4 did not support physically based rendering (PBR).

That's why the models aren't showing up. Your elevations are correct, it's just that the models aren't showing. The ones you can see aren't using PBR.

Once you've got P3D updated you'll be good to go.

Cheers,

Greg

Hello,

here is what I see with every Orbx product installed and active in the scenery library.

EGLC is installed into an Orbx Central library outside the P3D v4 root folder.

Hi Nick

The difference of setup with me is that my library is install inside of  P3D v4 root folder and I dont know that could have an impact.

However I resolve the problem by renaming ABP_EGLC.bgl  and ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.bgl to off as   @Ferradini suggested above.

ORBX made an upgrade of these bgl files that I didn't see?

Hello,

if the scenery order is correct, neither of those two files should have an effect on the airport and neither needs to be disabled.

The reason that I wrote " every Orbx product installed and active in the scenery library" was to show that the image was of the

airport apparently working as intended with all the Orbx files active.

Hi

Thought I'd post my own elevation screen shot. Running P3D4.5, Base, Global Vector and England. Ran elevation setting fix on install. You can see my problem..smearing of scenery, elevation issues affecting both aircraft (P3D standard) and parts of terrain.

Is there any need to revise the scenery library priorities?

2019-8-30_17-36-50-75.jpg

Hi,

I will also post my pictures. Hope it may help to trace the problem.

I have followed all the suggestions made sofar e.g disabling files. Did not work.

Greg mentioned earlier to make sure that " terrain density is set to 5m". I guess you mean here Mesh Resolution ?

Some of you claim that on their systems things look fine. Please note that on my system things look also fine when I start my flight at EGLC. When I fly in from somewhere else ( in my case EHAM )  things look as shown in the picture.

B rdgs / Dick

Screenshot (12).png

Am I correct to assume that P3Dv4 added sloped or elevated runways?

From what I’ve read AI AC don’t see or use elevated runways/ bridge ways unless their files have been updated....

Could this be a possible issue?

Well, I've run out of ideas, so I've uninstalled the product - not really worth it when the elevation issues will affect every flight and Orbx Eng provides virtually everything you need. (Everything is fine without this addon).

20 hours ago, Steeve2902 said:

Hi

Thought I'd post my own elevation screen shot. Running P3D4.5, Base, Global Vector and England. Ran elevation setting fix on install. You can see my problem..smearing of scenery, elevation issues affecting both aircraft (P3D standard) and parts of terrain.

Is there any need to revise the scenery library priorities?

2019-8-30_17-36-50-75.jpg

May come back to it when/if there's an updated version

2 hours ago, Steeve2902 said:

Well, I've run out of ideas, so I've uninstalled the product - not really worth it when the elevation issues will affect every flight and Orbx Eng provides virtually everything you need. (Everything is fine without this addon).

I agree with you. Its first time I have this kind of problem with an Orbx airport and hope they will update it soon.

Hello.

I see that Greg mentioned that the latest version of P3D, 4.5 is required and I would guess that that means

the all three P3D components must be 4.5 versions.

Given the small number of customers with this problem and my apparent ability to see the airport without

any of these anomalies, can you double check that the P3D client, content and scenery are all at 4.5.

Thanks.

Given the small number of customers with this problem and my apparent ability to see the airport without

any of these anomalies, can you double check that the P3D client, content and scenery are all at 4.5.

Hi

Yes all my components of p3d (client, content and scenery ) are 4.5 version

image.png.9adce292acc9393a6a3f6a0faa25d9b6.png

Hi guys,

For the sake of clarity, I see two distinct issues here.

The OP's issue is one of simple incompatibility with P3D 4.3. I believe that once P3D is up to the current version, those problems will be resolved. The evidence is that there are none of the PBR-based buildings or models showing. At EGLC this constitutes about 99% of the product. I consider this issue now resolved.

However there seems to be something different happening with other posters' installations that's causing unusual problems. My initial reaction to each of these other posts would be to uninstall and reinstall EGLC as it appears that there are some files missing. However I know that many of you have already tried this so I'll need some more information about your setups to determine what the problem is.

Can you confirm the following:

What base Orbx scenery do you have installed?: TrueEarth, Global, Vector, FTX England, nothing?

What, if any, AI packages do you have installed? If you disabled the AI package does the problem still occur?

If you start a flight on the runway or apron at EGLC does everything appear normal?

If you move the aircraft away from the airport, does to it appear to return to normal?

Where is EGLC installed to? The P3B\Orbx folder or to a Orbx Central Library elsewhere?

Have you tried changing the option control panel to indicate which base scenery is installed?

Importantly, do you have any other package(s) installed, freeware or otherwise, that may alter the airport default reference data? This could be a freeware/payware version of the airport or a 'global' fix for airport elevation data.

One last thing - can you search for 'EGLC' in your P3D folder and subfolders and list the results?

Hopefully with that info we can narrow down the cause and get it sorted.

Greg

What base Orbx scenery do you have installed?: TrueEarth, 

What, if any, AI packages do you have installed? If you disabled the AI package does the problem still occur? NO

If you start a flight on the runway or apron at EGLC does everything appear normal? On runway, don't try on apron; will try and let you know 

If you move the aircraft away from the airport, does to it appear to return to normal? No

the issue remains when all the others scenes are désactivated

On 9/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, Greg Jones said:

Hi guys,

However there seems to be something different happening with other posters' installations that's causing unusual problems. My initial reaction to each of these other posts would be to uninstall and reinstall EGLC as it appears that there are some files missing. However I know that many of you have already tried this so I'll need some more information about your setups to determine what the problem is.

The advice to reinstall solved my problem. I added the scenery this time using the XML method and all is fine now.

I use Aivlasoft to see what BGL's a specific scenery is using in order to trouble shoot. After reinstalling I  now have a additional file ( scenery/world/scenery/eglc_adep ) that wasn't there after the first install.

Thank you / b rdgs / Dick

Archived