London City Elevation problem?

Hi everyone,

It seems like we might be sneaking up on a cause and a possible solution.

My advice is to try the following:

• Uninstall EGLC completely
  • Ensure that the file EGLC_ADEP4_TRB_ALT.bgl does not exist in the <P3D root>\scenery\world\scenery folder
  • Reinstall EGLC via Orbx Central

Note that the airport must be installed via Orbx Central not FTX Central.

That should remove any inconsistencies in your installation and hopefully resolve the problem.

Cheers,

Greg

On 9/5/2019 at 5:18 PM, Greg Jones said:
  • Uninstall EGLC completely
  • Ensure that the file EGLC_ADEP4_TRB_ALT.bgl does not exist in the <P3D root>\scenery\world\scenery folder
  • Reinstall EGLC via Orbx Central

Thanks @Greg Jones

This resolve my elevation problem from starting  and arriving at EGLC.

Regards

Pierre

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, Greg Jones said:

Hi guys,

For the sake of clarity, I see two distinct issues here.

The OP's issue is one of simple incompatibility with P3D 4.3. I believe that once P3D is up to the current version, those problems will be resolved. The evidence is that there are none of the PBR-based buildings or models showing. At EGLC this constitutes about 99% of the product. I consider this issue now resolved.

However there seems to be something different happening with other posters' installations that's causing unusual problems. My initial reaction to each of these other posts would be to uninstall and reinstall EGLC as it appears that there are some files missing. However I know that many of you have already tried this so I'll need some more information about your setups to determine what the problem is.

Can you confirm the following:

What base Orbx scenery do you have installed?: TrueEarth, Global, Vector, FTX England, nothing?

What, if any, AI packages do you have installed? If you disabled the AI package does the problem still occur?

If you start a flight on the runway or apron at EGLC does everything appear normal?

If you move the aircraft away from the airport, does to it appear to return to normal?

Where is EGLC installed to? The P3B\Orbx folder or to a Orbx Central Library elsewhere?

Have you tried changing the option control panel to indicate which base scenery is installed?

Importantly, do you have any other package(s) installed, freeware or otherwise, that may alter the airport default reference data? This could be a freeware/payware version of the airport or a 'global' fix for airport elevation data.

One last thing - can you search for 'EGLC' in your P3D folder and subfolders and list the results?

Hopefully with that info we can narrow down the cause and get it sorted.

Greg

Hi Greg.

Sorry for the late reply, I just moved house!!

Do I need to install 4.5 Client, or 4.5 Client and Content?

Thanks

David

2 hours ago, herky1955 said:

Hi Greg.

Sorry for the late reply, I just moved house!!

Do I need to install 4.5 Client, or 4.5 Client and Content?

Thanks

David

To enable PBR, you only need the client. Personally, I'd do it all just for completeness!

G

19 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

To enable PBR, you only need the client. Personally, I'd do it all just for completeness!

G

Many thanks. I'll probably just do client, since the last time I did content I lost quite a few of my add ons which weren't updateable.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived