The library location isn't empty

Cyclone1

Well just tried to install Central and I get this message " The library location isn't empty" and that is where I am stuck. The drive I am try to install to has well over a terabyte free space?

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

You need to create a folder with nothing in it.  It can be on that drive.  I have two folders, one named P3DV4 Scenery and the other XP11 Scenery.

I recently had an issue where I had to reinstall ORBX Central, and needed to redo the Library folders, but of course the folders that I had already in the drive wouldn't be allowed.  What I did was I cut and pasted all the sceneries out of those folders to a nearby location ( afew seconds of disk time) and when empty, I registered them inside ORBX Central, and then I moved all the sceneries back in.  A bit of a pain but it worked.

John thanks your response is most welcomed sir! After I posted I finally found the "Install Instructions" sorta inside a post, I would think something of that nature would be in big bold letters with its very own thread; lol. As it stands right now I am sitting in FTX Central 3 and not really sure I am ready to do this or not, seems like the dust is still not settled. One of my concerns is Vector not making proper adjustments and it seems as though the developers are taking a well deserved break for the weekend. How is your sim getting along, any major problems or is everything going pretty smooth for you? Thanks again for the reply John!

Hello,

may I refer you to the Orbx Central User Guide which you can access by clicking in the Help\User Guide Open tab in Orbx Central.

There you will find concise guidance on how to create a library and on many other aspects of the utility too.

Creating a library

The first time you start Central, you will be prompted to create a library. If you would like to create more libraries, you can do this by going to Settings > Libraries and clicking “create a new library”.

This will prompt you to choose a name and an install location for this library.

There are a few requirements when choosing a library location:

You cannot choose a location that is within a simulator’s root directory.

You cannot place a library at the root of a volume (you’ll need to create a directory). This means a location like D:\ is invalid, but D:\Library is valid.

You cannot choose a directory that already contains files.

If you have created a library in a prior version of Central, you can select that library’s location again. Central will intelligently re-sync the products in the existing library to your simulators.

There is a new version of Orbx Central which addresses your concern "is Vector not making proper adjustments" and has been released.

You should see version 4.0.10 and if so, the Vector control panel works perfectly well.

Archived