Orbx Not Showing In Lorby's Scenery Organizer

Having completed a complete reinstallation of P3D v 4.5 and then installed the new ORBX CENTRAL 4.06 it appeared to me that all was well. In fact, my first few flights look fine and I am getting speedier load times on P3D.

With that said, a few minutes ago I loaded up Lorby's Scenery Organizer.  Although the FTX Orbx files are in the ORBX folder in P3D,  there are no listings of any ORBX products, including the land class,  regions and Vector in Lorby. Before my reinstallation of P3D they showed up as normal in Lorby. FTXC 4 says they are all installed. But, should I be concerned that they do not show up in Lorby? As always, thanks for any advice and help.

Sherm

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Orbx Not Showing In Lorby's Scenery Organizer

hi Nick, thanks for staying with me on this....Booting P3D and checking scenery, just as with Lorby, no sign of ORBX

Before this latest boot, I deleted scenery.cfg to allow for a clean start...cfg reflects the same thing...no ORBX. I am befuddled...btw, when you say things should be back in the scenery column, is this the column you mean in the picture below? Thanks..

Sherm

capture_002_23082019_075543.thumb.jpg.4b0790b8af7cc6c2db38680b469593fb.jpg

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Sherman,

can you try Resyncronise simulator?

HI NIck, I am not sure what you and others mean by resynchonizing the sim....

But, to update on where things currently stand. After posting that P3D did not recognize ORBX, I found a scenery.cfg file I had backed up which includes the exact scenery layout I had earlier. i activated it, ran the sim and all seemed OK...even showed up in Lorby. Then, to double check, I moved that scenery.cfg to backup again., let the sim rebuild the file, but this time it was again all plain vanilla. I reactivated the ORBX cfg again as scenery.cfg. While the sim loads, it is a very slow process...and in fact, when I moved from my default startup to KSPS, one of the ORBX airports, the sim crashed. 

Later this weekend, I am going to install a larger SSD for my C boot drive because my present one is almost filled to capacity. Then I will restore the image of my present OS. After that, I am thinking about biting the bullet, uninstalling P3D and the ORBX files. This time I will reinstall to a new folder instead of using the existing one. I hope this will give me more of a clean slate to get things back on track. Before I go to that extreme, I naturally will look forward to other less time consuming options. thanks....I realize that I may be sounding much like a PintheA and only blame myself, except to say the grief started after i installed ORBX CENTRAL 4...I am not blaming anything on that, because it is possible I made a mistake along the way in updating files. Who knows...anyway, thanks for reading my rambles.

Sherm

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Sherman,

it's on the Orbx Central settings\help page for you. 

Hi Nick,

Thanks for pointing that out. Fingers crossed but so far things look as if the sim is working again. I have experienced a CDT when switching from one flight plan to another, but it does not seem to be a regular occurrence. I am guessing there may be a flaw in the FP that triggers the CDT.  I have a regular MP flight today and am hoping all goes well. I have several addons for MP flights, including AS, Swift and Little Nav Map...but, on a couple of test flights with those three programs loaded (Not in MP) I was able to switch from one FP to another. 

BTW, I deleted FTXC 3 SERIES as the new program suggests.... a confidence builder of sorts...:-).

As always, thanks for your help...

Sherm

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

1.jpg

Archived