Failed to install X-plane TE Washington

mxhossai

Extremely frustrated after spending 3/4 days and hours after work to try to install this product.  Tried both FTX and Orbx Central.   Tried different installation locations.  Nothing seem to help.  At the end, got a whole bunch of file not found exceptions.  I know there are some instructions on the forum, to no avail.   A production product should not be this difficult to install.  

Please provide detailed step by step, full-proof installation instruction.   

Thank you.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

We can help you with the problem for which there must be a cause at your PC, or no one would be able to install the product.

The troubleshooting topic has helped numerous cutsomers to install their TE products and if all the prerequisites are in place

then a successful installation will follow.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

We can help you with the problem for which there must be a cause at your PC, or no one would be able to install the product.

The troubleshooting topic has helped numerous cutsomers to install their TE products and if all the prerequisites are in place

then a successful installation will follow.

Are you able to send out a CD for the purchased product to US?   I can pay the shipping

I have a similar situation.

First time I attempted to install to my SSD C: drive. Failed. Not enough room.

I moved X-Plane to my 1TB D: drive and attempted to install TE US Washington. I have two copies of us-washington-xp11 each at 9.28 GB, one in a folder = ORBX Main Library, and one in ORBX Backups.

Last night I attempted to use Orbx Central to install once more. It downloaded most of Orbx Libraries and stalled at 348.2 MB/364.02 MB.

The D: drive currently has 741 GB free space.

So, now what?

Should I do a manual download, and if so, are the two us-washington-xp11 folders useful - or should I start over?

McIlrath

On 8/29/2019 at 6:47 AM, mcilrath said:

I have a similar situation.

First time I attempted to install to my SSD C: drive. Failed. Not enough room.

I moved X-Plane to my 1TB D: drive and attempted to install TE US Washington. I have two copies of us-washington-xp11 each at 9.28 GB, one in a folder = ORBX Main Library, and one in ORBX Backups.

Last night I attempted to use Orbx Central to install once more. It downloaded most of Orbx Libraries and stalled at 348.2 MB/364.02 MB.

The D: drive currently has 741 GB free space.

So, now what?

Should I do a manual download, and if so, are the two us-washington-xp11 folders useful - or should I start over?

McIlrath

Done - well worth it!

Just spent half of my Labor Day flying the San Juan Islands and shooting landings on Lake Union in Seattle - AMAZING!!!

Frame rates doesn't want to display (???), though they must be doing well enough. There's no stuttering, with all sliders up except anti-aliasing.

My system:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHZ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti  8GB
SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 
HDD: WD Blue 1TB - where X-Pland and ORBX reside
RAM: 32 GB

McIlrath

Archived