TE Oregon issues in Central Oregon

Waughzup

I just downloaded and installed True Earth Oregon HD and I am having some issues at my home base here in Central Oregon.

One of the busiest airports in Oregon is KBDN, but the terrain, trees etc don't seem very well done for TE HD. And the main issue is that the airport itself has a giant drop off from the taxi way down to the runway. :) Can you please fix it so I can enjoy this new scenery? And maybe add some 3D trees around the Bend airport? ;) 

KBDN.JPG

Hello,

like all other TE products for X Plane 11, there are no airports included.

I understand that this is to do with Laminar Research's own rules and

that you might find a better version at "the org".

This is covered in much more detail on page 5 of the User Guide.

11 hours ago, Ken Schreiner said:

Hi guys,

I had to "flatten" KBDN when I used Ortho so now it works fine with Orbx OR.  There are plenty of threads on how to flatten scenery on the .org Ortho forum.  Easy.

Hi Ken. Please enlighten us as to how you flattened KBDN and was it the default version of KBDN or an addon version? I have tried flattening the default version via Resources/default scenery/default apt dat but still get the big drop on the taxiway. I used the method of adding the line " 1302 flatten 1"  The Gateway version always reports an error when trying to save the "flattened" version so i gave up on that one.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would respond and even maybe share your version as this is a Laminar problem and not an Orbx one as Orbx don't do any airports included Orbx airports in their TE series. We could all then at least have a decent looking and usable KBDN.

Just now, jjaycee1 said:

@Waughzup@BradB

OK I have attached a version of KBDN that is flattened and works well. Unzip the attachment and place into your Custom Scenery.

@FalconAF I will take a look at 64S as well.

KBDN_Scenery_Pack.zip 20.8 kB · 0 downloads

JV should put you on the team , you continue to support and help all of us here on the forum IMHO . :):)

John

Hi @jjaycee1!  I didn't use the Gateway stuff, I just navigated to the apt dat file in Global Airports and searched kbdn in order to add the "flatten" line and saved it.  Worked like a charm.  I'm no expert but I've been messing with computer stuff since the Commodore days (yes, I'm that old) and just kind of muddle through until I find a solution (or give up...LOL!)  

51 minutes ago, Ken Schreiner said:

Hi @jjaycee1!  I didn't use the Gateway stuff, I just navigated to the apt dat file in Global Airports and searched kbdn in order to add the "flatten" line and saved it.  Worked like a charm.  I'm no expert but I've been messing with computer stuff since the Commodore days (yes, I'm that old) and just kind of muddle through until I find a solution (or give up...LOL!)  

Thanks Ken. As you can see I fixed it already. I was missing a stage in the flattening process but got that sorted. Thanks for replying.

Archived