How I finally got rid of these crazy nighttime texture tiles!!!

Gazoeller

Operating system:  Win10 Home 64Bit

Simulator:  P3D V4.5

Screenshots:  Refer to uploaded screenshot Southeast of EDRY Speyer, Germany South

• AMA-2019-aug-17-063.jpg: Scenery with disturbing black and/or nighttime texture tiles
  • AMA-2019-aug-18-039.jpg: What it's supposed to be looking like, and as it is looking again after deleting Global Base Pack via FTX Central V3.3

Issue:  Black or nighttime texture tiles popping up during daytime, when overflying switch to correct tile, and disapppear again when going on. Happens all around the world.

My fault
I have to commit that I myself made great mistakes in the first place: I installed/updated two different products at the same time and thus could not narrow down the root cause for emerging issues. As well I installed a new software (ORBX Central V4.0) instead of waiting for its first service pack to solve most major bugs of the brand new release.

My issues
After updating to P3D V4.5 and switching to ORBX Central V4.0 I faced all over the world crazy black or nighttime texture tiles in my daytime sceneries. These tiles would flip over as soon as I flew over, but also turned back to nighttime or just black texture tiles when I went on.

My unsuccesful trials to solve the issues
I studied various fora which at least gave me some comfort, because I realized I was not the only one, having such issues.
I tried many of the advices I read there e.g. restrutured scenery.cfg, switched to nighttime and back, or deleted all LC sceneries of ORBX, but none of them would solve the issue on my sim.
I repaired P3D installation via windows system control - but no change either.

My solution of this mess
Finally I reinstalled FTX Central V3.3 (side by side to ORBX Central V4.0.6) and with FTX Central I then was able to uninstall Global Base Pack and believe it or not, these nasty nighttime textures had disappeared!:rolleyes:
So far I didn't find a hint on the reason why ORBX deleted this uninstall Global Base Pack button in ORBX Central V4.:wacko:

Then I reinstalled Global Base Pack and the previously deleted LC sceneries via FTX Central V3.3.

My resumee
Dear guys at ORBX,
I'm a great fan of your products as you can see if you check my account. And I hope besides this major disaster with ORBX Central V4 it stays the way that you provide high quality sceneries at reasonable pricing. Please verify intensively the root cause for this disaster (perhaps too many products released in a short time period?) and work towards the findings of that analysis to avoid a second instance of this mess.

Yours sincerely

Gernot Zoeller

AMA-2019-aug-17-063.jpg

AMA-2019-aug-18-039.jpg

central.log

No it does not solve in my case. Why should I start reinstalling FTX Central v3.3 according to the suggested details of a fix and reintroduce more issues and frustrations? I moved everything over to the new Installer. Please don`t offer suggestions without knowing the context of a particular installation sir. It is quite clear something is wrong with the installer. I`ll just wait for a fix down the road or uninstall ORBX all together for now.Thanks anyway.

Hello,

sorry, I had understood that you were asking for a fix.

No idea how to fix.

If you had posted something like

It is quite clear something is wrong with the installer. I`ll just wait for a fix down the road or uninstall ORBX all together for now

I would not have directed you to the previous topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Had this exact issue and uninstalled and reinstalled all my Orbx Products and it resolved...

Just check and it returned today...

The only recent change I've made is add ORBX Honolulu and ran the Airport Elevation Exemptions from Vector again...

Wonder what caused this to return???

• 3 weeks later...

the change over to the new Orbx Central has been nothing short of a disaster for me. Ive gone from everything working perfectly to a world full of blocks of night textures during the day and im sure that vectors isn't working correctly the coastlines look too square.

Ive cleared the shaders, reinstalled all the regions and LC's and still no joy.

• 1 month later...

It might be another quiet easy way to deal with the problem. I have noticed that the problem often occur in the surroundings of 3. party airports. If you see the night textures in that area where you have installed an airport divided into two maps as airport and LC, try to untick the LC-map. You will not lose much. It sure helped me in the Dublin area with Eiresims old airport.

I am still having a problem with this I only installed 4 due to the I purchased two airports big mistake, I have uninstalled and reinstalled gone back to 3 still no joy, may have to reinstall P3Dv4.5. I don't have Vector installed cant blame that will not purchase anymore products if this is the result. Sim was smooth FPS locked at 30 before installing 4.now a disaster.

Regards Ray Fry. 

Hello,

if Orbx Central is installed it has no adverse effect at all on a pre-existing installation,

changes nothing and works perfectly well.

If new products are installed into the P3D v4 root folder, nothing changes in the file

structure and the products also work perfectly well, as the exact same method is used

as FTX Central.

It seems that problems can appear sometimes if Global products are migrated outside

the P3D root folder but this is not always the case and does not affect every customer.

Hey guys,

I mentioned this in another thread but it should apply here also

Lets do this

Requires Global, openLC, Vector and Libs installed into Root of Sim directory.  Rest all can be installed outside.

1) Click on Orbx Libraries on  Orbx Central (I am using latest 4.0.27) and do verify files

2) Click on your installed Orbx Scenery - verify files

Make sure Orbx Libs are above these sceneries - use Lorby Addon tool to see

If it is not set you can set insertion points on Orbx Central.

3) If you have Vector - run the vector config tool

4) Run the autoconfig tool

5) Now to help option on Orbx Central and click on Sync Simulator (this is super imp)

6) Delete your p3d cache directory

7) Run the sim and see if the black squares are still there ....

Let us know

Enjoy

I think I have finally solved my problem when I installed C4 I set the correct install point, but C4 turned ORBX scenery upside down even after re-install and verify files the patchwork scenery was present but when I manually correct the ORBX scenery order it corrected it no more patchwork scenery.

But just starting C4 will cause the problem to return unless I correct the order manually. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49148763702/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49158380608/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49158379708/in/dateposted-public/

Now working after correcting the ORBX scenery order as you can see C4 placed BASE, OLCEU 1 to 10 and OLCNA 1-2 above the ORBX regions and airports.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been dealing with this forever. It randomly comes for me. Not sure what causes it. The way I have found to fix it is go into FTX Central V3, Settings and under Library Insertion Point, ensure my stuff is still the same order wise and click save a couple of times. Load back into the sim and its fixed. YMML

12 hours ago, risen said:

I have been dealing with this forever. It randomly comes for me. Not sure what causes it. The way I have found to fix it is go into FTX Central V3, Settings and under Library Insertion Point, ensure my stuff is still the same order wise and click save a couple of times. Load back into the sim and its fixed. YMML

Have you experienced this issue with Orbx Central 4.0.33? Switching back to FTXC3 may be causing the issue.

Try going to Orbx Central, then Global BASE and click "verify files". Also run "verify files" for the Orbx Libraries. That should resolve the issue if you experience it again.

Archived