I might need a new pc

kiki

It looks like I have to use some money for this hobby. Again.

My knowledge of the hard ware ain´t too good. So all help is highly appreciated.

Video card. 1060 or something else?

Processor 8700K, i5-9600K Ryzen 5 3699? Or?

Is 16GB DDR4 god enough?

SSD? What size? Or just HD?

What else should I look if I want a smooth flying experience. And yes, my budget is limited.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Bassman said:

Might be more productive to know the absolute upper end of your budget and work from there.:)

Well, it is hard to say. After all we live in different countries and you might not know what kind of prices we have here...

1 hour ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Then it's also hard to say what system would be recommended.

:)

Sorry if I am not clear enough.

I will try again.

- How good is the 1060, is it good enough to give smooth experience or is it already outdated?

- Processors I have look at are 8700K, i5-9600K Ryzen 5 . Which one of them you would recommend?

Is 16GB DDR4 god enough for P3D?

- Is it mandatory to have a SSD?

- What would be the bottles neck in a system with 1060, 8700K/i5-9600K, 16GB DDR?

I hope someone would be kind enough to help me to make up my mind. I am sure you have experience on all of these.

4 hours ago, kiki said:

Sorry if I am not clear enough.

I will try again.

- How good is the 1060, is it good enough to give smooth experience or is it already outdated?

- Processors I have look at are 8700K, i5-9600K Ryzen 5 . Which one of them you would recommend?

Is 16GB DDR4 god enough for P3D?

- Is it mandatory to have a SSD?

- What would be the bottles neck in a system with 1060, 8700K/i5-9600K, 16GB DDR?

I hope someone would be kind enough to help me to make up my mind. I am sure you have experience on all of these.

Just to answer your basic question:

1.I used a 1080 until I bought a 1080i......excellent card and not outdated at all in Flight Sims.

2. I have an Intel 8700K overclocked to 4.9GHZ and it runs P3d all versions flawlessly. Recommend highly.

3. I also use 16GB of ram ….no need for anything more in current sims.

4. No       it is actually a matter of speed, which I happen to like after having been through the sound barrier many times.

5. None on my system. I think it is excellent......

But there is and has always been with the neverending war between sim software and hardware...…...

……………………………………………..       YMMV !!!!…………………………………………………….

Archived