“P3D Cannot find file” not helpful

Britjet

Sorry I haven’t got a log for this - but I did fix it in the end, so no log.

In your stated spirit of ‘We’re listening” then may I comment on the strange situation in CENTRAL 4 where a missing scenery file causes P3D to fail to load the Scenery.cfg file, and then CTD with only a “cannot find file” message. 

I just spent 3 hours iteratively pulling my scenery.cfg apart to find that ORBX KMRY (Monterey) was the culprit. This was never a problem before.

So tried “Verify Files” option. It hung at 14%, and couldn't be cancelled (continuous whirling wheel etc).

Deleting the ORBX Central cache made no difference - still hanging.

The only thing that fixed it was to uninstall C4, install C3, then uninstall KMRY, and reinstall.

I then reinstalled C4 and it worked. After 3 hours effort I could then start P3D! 

Hoping to then use the sim I found that Vector wasn’t there. No sign of it in the Scenery.cfg file, and none of the usual vector appearance in the sim. 

Yet C4 tells me it is installed, and allows me to configure it!

I am another re-convert to C3 I’m afraid. How this C4 passed Beta testing is a mystery to me.

For me the problem with C4 is that nothing is transparent, and in some cases it just doesn’t do what it says it’s doing.

Sorry to round so frustrated...I’m sure you will fix all this stuff, but I had to get it off my chest!

Brit.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

you're lucky you only took 3 hours on it, i've spend the best part of five days trying to download orbx true earth, south england, tried everything, still cant get it to work and support haven't been much help,.they seem to get rather sensitive when i complain about the product.

Hi

You have been very rude and have an extremely bad attitude, so yes you will probably have a hard time getting support and or sorting out your issue....you are being allowed to blow off some steam for now, but it will not be tolerated indefinitely.

Doug Sawatzy:

I'm not defending MajorByte......but I understand EXACTLY how he feels.

I've received some bad advice from ORBX.   And at times some ridiculous comments back from ORBX staff.

Like others, I've spent HUNDREDS of dollars on software - and (silly me) expect it to work (at least for a time)

Due to health issues, I've been radio silent for a couple years,

But as soon as I try to re-install some those EXPENSIVE add-ons from ORBX........it (once again) does NOT work

Just tried again today with the newest Version of Central - and this time it CRASHES my Prepar3d....so now I have to RE-INSTALL everything.

And this is NOT the first time ORBX software has caused issues.   And I'm not alone.

Any wonder people are getting angry ?   

Thanks

We are just here to try and help. Orbx does not intend on causing frustrations for customers. This is a hobby that is not perfect and some of the evolving technologies will always have many growing pains....being abusive is not the answer regardless of frustrations.

We get frustrated too...developers get angry and frustrated at themselves as well, but we still remain determined to push through and make advancements, trying our best to not be rude to each other.

Doug,

Your “rude” comment didn’t specify who it was directed at, but as I was the instigator of the post I feel it reflects on me.

i didn’t say anything that was rude - and gave you honest feedback on my experience with (hopefully) some constructive explanation of my actions, an apology for the post in advance, and my best wishes for success.

If the post wasn’t directed at me perhaps you could make that clear. If it was, I apologise and will shut up in future. 

Brit

16 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

We are just here to try and help. Orbx does not intend on causing frustrations for customers. This is a hobby that is not perfect and some of the evolving technologies will always have many growing pains....being abusive is not the answer regardless of frustrations.

We get frustrated too...developers get angry and frustrated at themselves as well, but we still remain determined to push through and make advancements, trying our best to not be rude to each other.

Your comment about 'developers get angry and frustrated at themselves' is rather humorous in this situation.

It's the PAYING CUSTOMERS who are FRUSTRATED because of the developers.

ORBX CENTRAL does NOT work , and they released it.   Didn't they TEST it first ?    (doesn't appear so)

The replies to our (collective) complaints by you and 'others' only fuel our frustration.  

Each and every 'new' version of ORBX or 'CENTRAL' has caused problems.

Yes it was tested extensively, but it obviously doesn't matter how long it stay's in closed or open beta, once released to the masses there will always be additional issues that arise, not releasing it only prolongs the pain.

This is a complex piece of software, do you know of anyone else that is trying to accommodate multiple operating systems, across all the simulators with a huge catalog of products?

Orbx Central obviously does work for the vast majority, and it is not going anywhere, it will only prove to be a very positive game changer in the flight sim world. 

I have been looking at your posts and ask of you to please point to the specific problem you are having, instead of just declaring it as overall useless to you. That way we may be able to be more constructive in helping.

Have you even opened your own new topic for your issue?

Archived