For Information Only

Jock7

Because of the problems with the new Central there is 3 sceneries been released which I would have purchased right away but not anymore and no doubt there will be many more. All my flight sims are now running  brilliantly with the old FTX3 and at the moment there is no chance of me using Central. 

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

It's your decision but I for one have not had any issues with Orbx Central other than I have to reboot it every now and again when the Saturn module has a hissy fit.

You can retain your current setup with FTX Central, all your sceneries so far can remain exactly where they are, and you only need to install the new sceneries with Orbx Central.  I haven't had any layer issues with the new sceneries being installed via the xml method.

Hi John,

This is interesting.  I like that yours is working fine and it would be good to understand why.  Did you uninstall FTX Central?  I am wondering if you still have it, and it is FTX Central that has ordered the scenery in the library rather than Orbx central, which could be why yours is still working well.

uninstalled FTX Central, used Orbx central to set the insertion points and now I have all sorts of fun and games going on with the order looking very odd.

Cheers,
Rob

I have uninstalled FTXC3 and whatever sceneries were installed by it are recognised by OC and do not need to be migrated.  I have migrated half a dozen sceneries just to experiment but the vast majority are left in the old state.

If I look at the order of the scenery items I see many seem to be odd, like there's a gap between OLC Eurpoe 10 and the rest of those layers, but I have yet to have any issues with the layering as it all seems to work.

I don't have any other commercial addons, only the OZx AU and NA sceneries, and they seem to work perfectly well above the main body of sceneries and below half a dozen of the xml entries:

P3DSceneryLibrary.thumb.jpg.17d71a59fe571495b797d30965456a35.jpg

Hi all,

Just to re-iterate John Dow's post, there is no reason to migrate your scenery if everything is working fine now.

We will have a new version of Orbx Central released soon that should alleviate most of the issues that people are experiencing.

We are also going to be much more transparent moving forward. We will post in this forum explaining the issues we know about, and what we're doing to fix them.

2 hours ago, Jock7 said:

there is 3 sceneries been released which I would have purchased right away but not anymore

May I ask which sceneries these are?

There are no major issues with X-Plane scenery that we're aware of. But we have added an option to the new Orbx Central update (released very shortly) that allows you to install scenery the same as it was in FTX Central v3.

Thanks John and Ben.

I think my error was to rush in and migrate!

Ben - possibly early for you to say but will the updated version fix the ordering issues for those of us who have migrated, or is best practice to uninstall and reinstall using the new Orbx Central version when you release it?

8 minutes ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Ben - possibly early for you to say but will the updated version fix the ordering issues for those of us who have migrated, or is best practice to uninstall and reinstall using the new Orbx Central version when you release it?

I don't think there is a need to re-install everything. There will be some oddities in the ordering to support add-on packages, but it should all still work fine in the simulator itself.

May I ask, even though your scenery library may not be ordered exactly as intended (per this post), are you seeing any anomalies in the simulator? If so, can you please provide some screenshots/locations so we can investigate further?

12 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

I don't think there is a need to re-install everything. There will be some oddities in the ordering to support add-on packages, but it should all still work fine in the simulator itself.

May I ask, even though your scenery library may not be ordered exactly as intended (per this post), are you seeing any anomalies in the simulator? If so, can you please provide some screenshots/locations so we can investigate further?

Hi Ben,

At work right now so can't add screenshots but will try to describe...

Having all sorts of issues eg at BIRK (With Iceland Demo installed) I am seeing floating houses around the airport and other mesh issues including terrain that appears on top of the airfield once the sim has loaded (Imagine removing a block in Minecraft and water starting to spread across a space and that is what it looks a bit like)

At EGQS with FTX EU Scotland I am seeing terrain and autogen that doesn't match up eg. a small office type building on a beach where there was nothing before, also black patches of the scenery.

When a scenario loads it can also sometimes take some time for the scenery to catch up....i.e. it has reached 100% and the loading screen has disappeared but there is still scenery/autogen popping in.....mesh adjusting.

Hope this helps and I will post some screenshots this evening if needed.

This is what my scenery library is looking like https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/177377-orbx-central-insertion-point-and-wrong-library-order-p3d45/?do=findComment&comment=1553043

Hello Ben,

As to your question about the 3 sceneries which I will not purchase they are Asturias Airport, Walter Sutton Private for Prepar3d. For Xplane 11 the new Oregon. I am under the impression that because I reverted back to the old FTX 3 that I would have to have the new Central to use the sceneries. I have just read about your new Orbx Central and will probably give it a go over the weekend.

Archived