Night flight into Heathrow

renault

Night shots are always difficult to post but these look fantastic Renault.

I installed the AI traffic and am still pleased with it.  They have a google list of airports so it's not like there's traffic everywhere, I think mostly major airports but I did see some at Skagit which wasn't on his google list.

Beautiful night shots.  I agree with Jack.  When I take the shots, they look pretty good.  But my sunset shot I entered in this months contest, looked almost nothing like I took before I posted it.  Went thru Imgur so I don't know what happened but after posting it, it looked pretty bad.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:49 AM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

Cheers

Pete

On 8/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Night shots are always difficult to post but these look fantastic Renault.

I installed the AI traffic and am still pleased with it.  They have a google list of airports so it's not like there's traffic everywhere, I think mostly major airports but I did see some at Skagit which wasn't on his google list.

Thanks Jack!

It is a bit tricky that's for sure:)

Cheers

11 hours ago, RetiredFE said:

Beautiful night shots.  I agree with Jack.  When I take the shots, they look pretty good.  But my sunset shot I entered in this months contest, looked almost nothing like I took before I posted it.  Went thru Imgur so I don't know what happened but after posting it, it looked pretty bad.

Thank you.

One thing I do that may help is that I never post a "native" png . Just based on my own observations , so not at all "scientific" but anything much above 1 mb and Imgur it seems often will compress the file . I'm not sure exactly what routine they use , nor the compression level, but as you know, compression also reduces the number of unique colours in an image due to blending.

So I routinely create a .jpg, usually with about 80-95% quality before I post (it varies as I check to make sure image and colour control is still good) and so far, (fingers crossed) it all looks the same as my original. 

R

13 hours ago, RetiredFE said:

Just an update

Have a look here

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000083326-What-files-can-I-upload-What-is-the-size-limit-

"Non animated images over 1mb from anonymous uploads .... will be lossily compressed.". This fits with my previous observations  so it may be what you experienced.

Cheers

R

On 8/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, renault said:

Just an update

Have a look here

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000083326-What-files-can-I-upload-What-is-the-size-limit-

"Non animated images over 1mb from anonymous uploads .... will be lossily compressed.". This fits with my previous observations  so it may be what you experienced.

Cheers

R

Checked my files, and all my JPEG images are all under 500kb.

Archived