Getting closer to XP only

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack have you not tried World Traffic 3. The only thing is it’s payware and think takes a bit of setting up. Derek.

Yes, I looked into it, way too much work.  I’ll never understand why any XP addons don’t simply use an installer.  Things would be a lot easier for me.

15 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

This is interesting. You and Jack are both considering XP11 as your primary sim. I've tried XP 11 with payware addons and some of the best freeware and I still stay away from it.

What am I missing?

ASXP?

X-Vison?

Freeware AI traffic?

The one thing that keeps me away from XP11 is that the planes do feel like one is flying on rails.

If this subject is too controversial for some, please PM me. I'm seriously interested in knowing why XP11 is all of sudden so special.

I see by your avatar that you know about flying.  None of these sims is going to truly represent flight because they can't simulate air pressure on the controls among other things so they're not really about flying but more on procedures, scenery etc.  In those areas they're effective but flying - not even close.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I was told by XAviation for my TBM and Carenado that you absolutely must renter serial numbers every two weeks not matter what, and that’s exactly what I have to do and I feel it’s ridiculous.

This freeware traffic was working yesterday at KSEA, I guess it only works at large airports but it isn’t working now with KSEA below.

THIS is why I like P3D better, it’s more reliable for things like this.

I’m willing to pay for a GOOD AI Traffic, I mean a lot of money IF it works.

regarding Xaviation there was a box to tick that regularly updates your license, you just get a box when sim loads saying it's been updated..I have a fair few of there items...

Carenado just happened on install, only again if PC changes I believe...

33 minutes ago, wain71 said:

regarding Xaviation there was a box to tick that regularly updates your license, you just get a box when sim loads saying it's been updated..I have a fair few of there items...

Carenado just happened on install, only again if PC changes I believe...

I spoke to both companies via email and they said the same thins, it's Laminar and the way they do things.  Every two weeks I have to reenter serial numbers.  

Archived