Orbx EGLC for X-Plane CTD

maxam

Using X-Plane 11.35, when loading EGLC I get an OOM error, when not installed X-Plane launches without issue. Here is a snippet of the X-Plane Log.txt

0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: X-Plane is totally out of memory.
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: Next time, turn down your rendering settings or remove add-ons to avoid this problem.
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: If you cannot restart X-Plane you may have to delete your preferences, found in the Output folder.
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: 
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: C:\jenkins\design-triggered\source_code\core\memory\UTL_memory.cpp:1117
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: X-Plane is totally out of memory.
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: Next time, turn down your rendering settings or remove add-ons to avoid this problem.
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: If you cannot restart X-Plane you may have to delete your preferences, found in the Output folder.
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: 
0:01:59.264 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: C:\jenkins\design-triggered\source_code\core\memory\UTL_memory.cpp:1117
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Objects/Terminal/PBR_EGLC_TB2B_DXT1_A.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Objects/Terminal/PBR_EGLC_TB2B_DXT1_E.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Objects/Terminal/PBR_EGLC_TB2B_DXT5_NC.png.

The warnings continue

X-Plane Log.txt

I cleared the "Preferences" folder and have installed all add on's one at a time and started x-Plane each time, no issues.  As soon as I install Orbx EGLC X-Plane throws an OpenGL error and crashes. I have even reduced graphics settings.  I have never had an issue with any Orbx scenery.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Robert 

Log.txt

BTW, just looking in your log, you have huge problems in there with missing files:

e.g. ARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/GP/Textures/PBR_LIB_GPMARKINGS07_WET_DXT5_A.dds.

Can you please just try a full reinstall of EGLC. i.e. Delete it and start again

OpenGL error again:

Failed with: GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_EXT
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_A11.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_A12.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_A13.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_A14.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_A15.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B1.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B2.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B3.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B4.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B11.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B12.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B13.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B14.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_B15.dds.
WARNING: we are missing the texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_C1.dds.

Log.txt

Yep, the problem is that for some bizarre reason, your system is not finding these files listed above...

Can you actually check what's there, open up your X-Plane folder and look for "Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity/Ortho/EGLC_30cm_2018_XP_C1.dds." and see if it exists?

I looks like an install error, but the cause is currently a mystery, especially if you've tried several times

It appears to be different files each time.  I added the Orbx Central folder location (C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Programs\orbx-central) to Windows Defender exclusions, X-Plane 11 did not CTD but I received 2 warning messages:

X-Plane is running very low on memory.
Scenery loading is now disabled.
To avoid a crash, please turn down your settings and restart the sim as soon as possible.
http://lookup.x-plane.com/_lookup_11_/lo_mem.html
(UTL_memory.cpp:1095)

and;

Some scenery textures could not be loaded.
0:06:08.878 E/SYS: | This may be an installation problem or you may have a damaged add-on scenery package.
0:06:08.878 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for a detailed list of missing files.

I have my settings as per the EGLC Manual and all the files in the error log are installed into the X-Plane custom scenery location (C:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity\Ortho).

It is pretty strange, however I do know there have been issues with WIndows Defender since the last update.

Log.txt

Archived