Unable to Login from Orbx Central.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 7 Home 

Simulator:  FSX SE

Screenshot:  

Issue:  When trying to login on Central, it asks for my ID and Password. After entering the information, I am directed to a screen that asks me which simulator I am using. When I click on FSX steam edition, I am directed back to the login page. This goes on in a continual loop....

Same for me

Windows 10

P3D v4.5

When trying to login on Central, it asks for my ID and Password. After entering the information, I am directed to a screen that asks me which simulator I am using. When I click on "Prepar3D v4", he starts loading products & libraries and goes to the login page. This goes on in a continual loop....

central.log

"Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

• You can also find it in Central on the Settings page, under Help"

It seems that many of us are having the same issue: inability to login to Orbx Central to download the files we have purchased. We all get caught in the endless loop...whether we use FSX or X-Plane...on not having our password accepted Central. Very aggravating, to say the least.

So far. I have found Orbx to be anything BUT easy to download and install.

Hi

I am away from my PC and trying to log into Orbx Direct account with my iPhone to purchase Innsbruck for X-Plane in order to make my 40% saving prior to 21st August expiry. I am confused because it comes up with a Two Factor Auth page but it doesn't give me a code etc to put into my Google Two Factor Auth app. May you please assist me.

Many thanks.

Hi!

This can occur if your system time is set incorrectly. Please make sure that your system time is set to the correct time and date for your region.

If that does not resolve this issue, please try closing Central, deleting the %AppData%/Orbx/Central folder and then relaunching Central.

If this issue persists, let us know and we'll troubleshoot this further.

I have uninstalled both FSX SE and Steam, and reinstalled both. Tried to log on to Orbx Central (again) and the result is the same: password is not accepted and I'm in the loop again. 

At this point, the frustration level has risen to a point that I'm not going to use FSX SE or Orbx products any longer. I will go back to using X-Plane 11 without any add-ons. It isn't my favorite choice, but it seems to be my best option (until MS 2020 is available?). I'm very hesitant to use Orbx products with X-Plane. I don't want to have ANY more issues with my flight simulator. 

As far as FSX SE goes, I'm definitely open to solutions, but not in the form of "guesses". I know you can't see my system and its files and where they are located. I'm sure all of you on the support team know what you're doing, but it's difficult at best to give a viable solution when we're all guessing at an issue and support that is half a world away....

Thank you for trying. I'm almost 72 yrs old and don't need the frustration....

After one week of spending hours with this new "Orbx Central" (now with 4.0.10), I'm still experience the same problem! A "log-file" is not existing in the folder where it should be.

The system time is correct.

As a long-term client with a wide range of Orbx-products, I have to say that this mess is totally inacceptable- unfortunately…….! 

As much as I don't want to come to this forum to complain, I certainly feel justified in doing so. My level of frustration has reached a point that I need to vent somehow. While I have only purchased two add-ons for FSX SE, I feel that Orbx has fallen far short of the "World Class Support" they promised. When you go online to the Orbx website and click on "Support", you get a page that tells you how good their support is, but offer no real support other than "log in to the forums", and maybe someone can help. Maybe. In my case, and that of others that have posted with the same issue, there has been little to no support for the products other than "try this" or "try that". 

There are several Orbx products I would like to have tried, but this train wreck called Orbx Central has caused me to reach a point where I feel like my money just went down a drain for nothing. I certainly haven't been able to use the products with FSX SE. Now I'm also getting some 120 Error code every time I launch FSX SE. It's just not worth the frustration and stress caused by the failure of Orbx Central to install the products correctly, as the company claims it should. As I have said before: I'll use ONLY X-Plane 11 without any Orbx add-ons. I'm running out of simulators. I sincerely hope that Microsoft's newest flight sim is all it is supposed to be without having to use any Orbx add-ons to improve the graphics and performance. Maybe Microsoft will get it right this time and we can have a great simulator that doesn't cause our PC's to catch fire or suck up all of the system resources to the point where we will have to upgrade our PC to something that the Dept of Defense would envy.

I'm one step further now: Nevertheless, Central detects my simulators after starting (X-Plane and P3d V4) before I reach the "login-loop", I tried the option to find the simulators manually again, pointed it to P3d and Central started up the first time correctly! But then, the login-window appears with almost every single action, I perform inside Central. I can use it now, but I need nerves from steel.... 

I'm using Orbx (trying to, anyway) with FSX SE and I'm having the same logon issue you're having with X-Plane. Something just isn't right. I've tried using the add-on through FTX Central and I don't get the log-on issue, but it still doesn't work at all. Now I'm getting some crazy 120 error code in the scenery configuration file. I have NO idea what that is all about. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling FSX SE, I still get the same 120 error message. I'm not having any issues with X-Plane 11, but I'm not using any add-ons, either. I'll just have to be content until Microsoft delivers a new flight sim we can all be happy with. As I've said before, I'm not at all happy with the support (or lack thereof) from Orbx. It's too bad they can't see into my system and install the new stuff themselves. Looking back, I regret ever trying to change anything in FSX SE. I should have left well enough alone!

David I would not give up after all you did invest in a couple of products that are very good. The developers will help you out but you have to send the requested file for them to do so. Yes everyone feels your pain as a lot of us are going through this; imagine the pressure on the guys working to fix all of this; it is no easy task and probably just as frustrating for them; ORBX wants this right for everyone and given a little time I am confident they will get all of us up and running. In pure simply terms this is just " Growing Pains" and yes it smarts a bit but always heals. Don't give up on the developers after all they are not giving up on us the customer.

• 4 months later...

Archived