Scenery Library Order

I have updated to v4 of Orbx Central. I have troubleshooted the install process and everything is in the sim. The scenery library now is all messed up to what it used to be. I have run the vector tool twice and ti doesnt change it. I have Orbx items underneath the default scenery and I can not move half of it now being an add on. I can only disable it. Does the scenery library still need to be in a specific order now that Orbx is all add ons and how can I move the order of the library that is an add on if it is not moveable please?

Many Thanks

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3Dv4

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Scenery Library is all messed up and cant reorder half of it. 

central.log

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I installed clean FSX-SE on a new windows system.  Everything is clean.  Just installed Global and Orbx Libraries - still the scenery order is messed up.  I am at work so I will have to post the logs later in the day.

Right now the 2 extra LC directories which are created by Global base are underneath it.  It should be above global base.  This problem keeps on coming from ftx central 3 days

I'm having similar issues.  FTX SCA is missing textures, showing the wrong textures, and has overlapping issues with other ORBX products such as KPSP.   I've tried reinstalling,  manually changing the scenery order, but no resolution.

Any advice?

I recently converted to Central v3 to Central v4.0.10 and am seeing similar issues even after running the Sync Simulator function.

The most problematic area seems to be the bottom end of the scenery folder. The entries that should exist between "Default Scenery" and "000 Base" are being scattered all around. It is particularly bad for non-OrbX sceneries.

PS: I really appreciate the update to allow external add-ons in P3Dv4. Thank you, thank you! Great effort even if there are some growing pains.

Scenery Lib.png

1 hour ago, jcagle said:

The most problematic area seems to be the bottom end of the scenery folder.

I note you are running  an old version of Lorby Addon Organiser. There have been a number of improvements and fixes since 1.42b03 which are important if you are using FTX Central

I'm just using Lorby to view the scenery order for the moment. Reinstalling the newest version of Lorby had no effect on the scenery order.

On the other hand, opening and closing FTX Central v4 completely reorders the scenery:

Top image

- A few airports (CAX6, O60) and OLC are still being written to the main  Scenery.cfg even though they are also called out as an external add-on

Bottom image

- Lower sceneries, both OrbX and other 3rd party that should exist between "Default Scenery" and "000 Base" are shuffled between the base scenery packages in the Scenery.cfg

1478295041_HighSceneries.png.afe034e598ecac77d2eea56458db62ec.png

606465216_LowSceneries.png.9fe7df3de9a92c21f356b23cf23d38cb.png

......because when the base files of the scenery library are shuffled things don't work fine? See Post #5 in this thread. Great troll if that's what you were going for.

13 hours ago, Flyprdu said:

I'm having similar issues.  FTX SCA is missing textures, showing the wrong textures, and has overlapping issues with other ORBX products such as KPSP.   I've tried reinstalling,  manually changing the scenery order, but no resolution.

Any advice?

Central v4 is a really pleasant update, and I congratulate the developers for making such a significant feature improvement. There are bound to bugs along the way, and that is no problem at all so long they are addressed (and OrbX has a good history of that). All I am trying to do is pass along feedback where there may be issues so devs can know where/how to look for bugs.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:27 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi @CaptainLens,

Are you still experiencing this issue with Orbx Central v4.0.10?

Once you start Central, go to Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator. That will fix a few of the issues we've identified in recent updates.

A bit late mate, I troubleshooted my own issues on this one as it that was weeks ago when I asked for help, got no response so just worked it out myself. Not really happy with the launch of the v4 app, thought it was not very well informed. A tutorial video would have helped, describing how exactly it would change the way the scenery library works. Thank you for coming back to me. 

Archived