Black "cones" at Flukey's YBSU P3D v4.5

DingDuck27

Gday all,

I recently installed Flukey's YBSU into P3D V4.5 ( OZX Converted P3D Libraries installed and I am fairly confident I followed all of Flukey's instructions re P3D V4 installation.  (YBSU was installed using the  addon.xml method). The only thing that appears not right is  black ground "cones" around the airport (see pic). I am currently using Australia V1 only.

It's got me stumped. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

black ybsu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bruce,

I do have those two files in my P3D v4.5 YBSU Texture folder; also in my OZx_LIB Texture folder.  I tried disabling them in either the YBSU or OzX Library texture folder, but didn't make any difference. I also downloaded the Ozx P3D v4 library files again, but also no success.

Gday Bruce,

SUCCESS!! :) Yes, that fixed the texture issue! It appears it didn't like being installed using the P3DV4AddonOrganizer .xml method. YBSU, along with Ozx Library, is now installed in P3D Scenery Library. Gotta love flight sims. I wonder why it wouldn't work?

Anyway Bruce, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst on the YBSU subject, my airport does not have any traffic life ... it's completely dead.

I have the updated traffic files in "Scenery World Scenery", but they don't seem to be working at all. 

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Most traffic files will have YBMC as the airport code, you will need to de-compile the traffic files (after first making a back up) and change the airport code to YBSU in both the airport.txt and flightplans.txt then recompile the traffic.bgl and replace the old one.

Thanks for that mate .... I have what I recall were "updated" traffic files for YBSU for Qantas, AirNZ, Alliance, Jetstar and Virgin in my "Scenery World Scenery".

Can't recall whether Flukey provided them, but I suspect he did, but haven't been able to track down where I got them from ... presume here somewhere.

Anyhow, .... has anyone out there got traffic at Flukey's YBSU in P3D4.5 ?   If so, would love to get hold of the "Traffic" files that work.

Cheers

Hi Tom,

The AI Flightplans for YBSU are fairly light & infrequent, maybe once or twice a day, some weekly, and some only certain days of the week once only. Perhaps you are just not choosing the right time or day where these aircraft can be seen. I have YBSU Traffic in FSX but can't confirm P3Dv4x as I don't have it.

Just to confirm wether you see any YBSU traffic, can you start a flight at YBSU (Fri 30th Aug 2019  10:25am local) There should be a Jetstar A320 VH-VFL parked south of the terminal, It will Begin loading PAX & bags 10:51am, Pushback at 10:55am YBSU-YPAD (Adelaide), coinciding with arrival from the south of AirNZ A320  ZK-OJD taxi to terminal north to begin unload PAX and bags. (See pic below)

I'm sure Flukey or Trev will have an answer for the appearance of AI traffic at YBSU. The schedules are fairly light and infrequent, also only tested in FSX. You must also have FTX AU AI traffic for these aircraft to be seen, not sure but it should work with FTXAUAIv5.0,  unsure about P3Dv4.x untested.
I remember a couple of posts on the old OZx forum, Flukey pointed me in the right direction & Trev - (aka TerribleT) was very helpful sorting out what was needed. Wish I could look at those posts now to see exactly how it was solved. If I remember rightly Trev compiled a new set of Traffic files for YBSU, ( I have them and have seen plenty of aircraft movements... Alliance, Jetstar, AirNZ, AirNorth, Qantas, if you have default traffic running you may also see the occasional Cessna 172, or at least hear it fly over)
I switched off the original YBMC Traffic .bgl's  leaving active the new YBSU Traffic .bgl's  including Traffic .bgl's for flights to & from YBWW and YBSU.
I think there was also a need to check using AIFP that there was an actual AI Aircraft model associated with the AI traffic plan, ( I was using FTX AU AI v4.2 at the time) I believe I swapped an F100 with an F50 or F70 to get the Alliance jets. The aircraft called by the plan were actually indicated in Traffic tools and by the aircraft Traffic label, even indicating that they had landed, were at the gate or ready for takeoff, but just weren't visible on the tarmac (original Traffic was compiled using YBMC ICAO).
I wonder if you are seeing any AI flights coming from West Wellcamp, landing at YBSU (do you have Flukeys YBWW installed, including the YBWW traffic .bgl's) also do you have the Trevs  re-compiled traffic .bgl's for YBSU in \Scenery\World\Scenery  (as shown in the pic below)

BSU-Traffic.jpg

2019-8-29-15-28-25-705.jpg

Be careful using the code YBSU for this airport. All the underlying data for Maroochydore/Sunshine Coast airport is held within FSX and P3D under the code YBMC. Using the code YBSU will result in duplicated data for the airport and will mean AI traffic from mainstream traffic packs will not find it. You would be better off applying the code YBMC within the APX instead. File names can remain using the code YBSU for simplicity, it is just the airport code within the APX that needs to be the same to match the default code and any AI traffic files.

Yes I agree Graham, but the underlying sim maintains integrity with the sim by use of a dummy YBMC ADEX bgl in Rob's YBSU Scenery folder, there is a separate YBSU ADEX bgl for Rob's Sunshine Coast Airport to use the new YBSU ICAO code. I believe the dummy contains the basic airport designator, localizer & navaids for YBMC.

As a matter of interest I compiled the YBMC, YBSU and YBWW AI files in 2017 and they were posted on the OZx site  - they were for FSX although I was told they worked in P3D.  They required the latest version of Graham's FTX AI to be installed and my YBMC and YBSU AI files supplemented his work, hence the term "update" in the file name. 

If you are using a YBMC scenery, or have altered Flukey's scenery to YBMC, then you will find a lot of aircraft movements.  If you are using Flukey's unaltered YBSU scenery and my YBSU AI update then you will only see the updated AI and not Graham's AI - if you want to see the full AI you will have decompile and recompile Graham's AI as I have described previously - I have been told this works no problems.

Personally I have altered Flukey's YBSU to YBMC as, aaprt from being the easiest solution, another thing you loose by having the ICAO change is the ATIS and the ATC name call. I also had to amend some of the parking spots in front of the terminal so updated AI airlines would go where they should.

If anyone wants the AI files mentioned above I would be happy to post the files here if that's OK with Graham and the management.

Archived