So how to Reinstall ?

TonyD

So far I really like what I see.  Tried the following just for fun.

Ran the delete generated files bat.  P3D obviouly sees no Orbx products and everything is back to vanilla.
Orbx Central still shows all items installed.

After reinstalling a previously backed up copy of the add-ons.cfg and scenery_add-ons.xml, all is well and I have all my Orbx back.

Next try I deleted the above files and let P3D generate empty ones.  
In Orbx Central I went to Settings and Help and ran the Sync Simulator button.  Sure enough all Orbx back in place

When compared to a clean install there appears to be only one additional file in the Main P3Dv4 folder, buried two levels down under an Orbx main directory.

So my question is - what is the recommended way of reinstalling into a fresh copy of Prepar3Dv4 ?

6 hours ago, TonyD said:

So my question is - what is the recommended way of reinstalling into a fresh copy of Prepar3Dv4 ?

Hi Tony

I would do a fresh install of P3D, then run it once so it will register with windows.

Then open Orbx Central and install your products.

OK I what I wrote is not what I meant...my bad.

Iinstalling P3D not an issue....what I really meant to ask was what is the best way to reinstall the orbx items.

I already have an orbx library....do I just need to back up and then copy back the one orbx folder that exists in the main P3D directory and then run Sync Simulator.

11 hours ago, TonyD said:

Are your products already migrated to libraries? If so, all you need to do is launch Central and press Sync Simulator. You don't need to do any manual steps, Central handles everything for you ;)

11 hours ago, TonyD said:

When compared to a clean install there appears to be only one additional file in the Main P3Dv4 folder, buried two levels down under an Orbx main directory.

I believe you're referring to OF_Config.xml in P3D\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\scenery?

4 hours ago, TonyD said:

I already have an orbx library....do I just need to back up and then copy back the one orbx folder that exists in the main P3D directory and then run Sync Simulator.

If all your products are an Orbx Library, then you do not need to back up anything inside the P3D directory. OF_Config is ObjectFlow's configuration file, and Central will automatically generate it when you press Sync Simulator.

Archived