Migrated ALL my ORBX-sceneries

Operating system:  Win 10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

First of all let me explain why I migrated all my ORBX-sceneries. My sim-HD started to act a bit funny so I decided to replace it and do a clean install of my P3D v4.5 an all my add-ons. To me it seemed best to first migrate all my ORBX-sceneries to a library outside P3D, in fact to a separate HD.

Everything went just fine without problems. I knew from the beginning that Global BASE was NOT possible to migrate/uninstall/reinstall with ORBX Central, so I had to keep my

FTX Central installed and Global Base in the old location until ORBX can come up with a solution (that prevents me to replace my sim-HD right now). This might be a problem for someone who is new to ORBX-sceneries and buys Global Base because he/she can NOT install it with ORBX Central, he/she has to install FTX Central to be able to do that.

As Global Base is mandatory for some sceneries he/she can NOT buy/install/use them. That means he/she MUST have both FTX Central AND ORBX Central installed and NOT

let ORBX Central uninstall FTX Central when it is started.

I migrated 188 ORBX-sceneries out of 199. The add-ons below were not possible to migrate/install with ORBX Central and I had to leave them for now in the old location

and also keep my FTX Central installed. Please find a solution to this problem.

Global Base (that I was aware of)
Global Lights Configurator
74S Anacortes
KTEX Telluride
NA AI Traffic
YBBN Brisbane
YSTW Tammworth
YTVA Tyabb
AU-NZ Ai Traffic

EDVR

EO49

Jack
the Swede in Spain

Hi Jack

If you read Mitchell's comments in his last post in your other below topic, he states "Installing Global Base in a library requires a fresh Prepar3D (re)installation". So I see no reason why you can not install Global Base with Orbx Central after you do new install of P3D.

Hi  I'm not sure if I should join this topic or should create a new one but as the subject fits me I posted here.

Hi

I have migrated all of my products and found just 6 errors

01.- Anacortes

02.-Telluride

03.- Tamworth

04.-Tyabb

05.- Brisbane

06.- Light Configurator

These don't migrate and throw this message:

qN4mene.jpg

Also I noted that Global Base doesn't have a migrate option

I thought the regions were going to take long time to migrate but they did fast, all was migrated in one day, the only one that took hours was Vector.

I still need to migrate the two giants TENDE and TEGBS but as I don't know how long they take I'll check after flying a while :lol:

I would like to do a recommendation if allowed

Is it possible that the products not purchased yet be in a different color? Let's say light green?

I know there is a filter to classify or group the ones you don't have but visually this is an immediate easy way to locate them and also somehow a psychological  push to turn them all yellow (purchased :D)  

UkfXgiD.jpg

Now I have two questions

I have KMCO by third party and I have Orlando

By having migrated Orlando do I have to go again through all the turn off of the bgls process again? The migrations puts the product as new or would it be placed as I had set it?

I wonder if I have to go through that compatibility  process again with all Fly Tampa, Fightbeam and all others. I haven't test yet

Now it seems Orbx Central remains minimized, can P3D run while it is minimized? I remember that before FTX Central had to be closed before launching P3D... so if the application offers this future I deduct is because you can now run the sim with it in this mode, right?

Final question

I bought a 6T disc just for the sim. So I had the ORBX folder within the sim root, in my case H

I set the Orbx library to migrate/install my product also in H as this was  reason for this disk, the sim

Once all has been migrated to the library folder is ok to DELETE the Orbx folder within the sim root or is this folder needed by the migrated files?

I hope I made myself clear if not please let me know and I'll try to explain better

0fjf23I.jpg

Thanks

Carlos

PS. I LOVE THE NEW CENTRAL, looks great and it is very friendly. Thank you

Hi again

There is another thing I would like to ask

I was flying in Portland yesterday and all was good

After the migration I noticed that Portland airport is sunk

UpDzWeZ.jpg

dEx6LnT.jpg

I have not run the Vector too because of this.

As this if Flightbeam's they have an amazing tool to turn off Orbx bgls to avoid conflicts that looks like this

tpCZ8BL.jpg

You simply move the slider on each Orbx bgl that the application finds that could cause an issue and when turned green the bgl is desable

Now that Obrx products are migrated I believe this tool is obsolete right? It will not be able to find the bgls to turn off.. and that is why now I'm having issues right?

I also found these anomalies, darker squares trees and autgen in the river

fLAxcDS.jpg

vMRr89R.jpg

fe6Mey5.jpg

TtT4sHg.jpg

Any comments?

Cheers

Carlos

12 hours ago, JJJackson said:

This might be a problem for someone who is new to ORBX-sceneries and buys Global Base because he/she can NOT install it with ORBX Central, he/she has to install FTX Central to be able to do that.

You can install Global Base with Orbx Central, you just can't uninstall or migrate it.

That means he/she MUST have both FTX Central AND ORBX Central installed and NOT

let ORBX Central uninstall FTX Central when it is started.

At the moment, some products are not available as they still need to be made compatible with Orbx Central. These are the ones you are unable to migrate (the list below). We're aiming to have all the products available as soon as possible.

Global Base (that I was aware of)
Global Lights Configurator
74S Anacortes
KTEX Telluride
NA AI Traffic
YBBN Brisbane
YSTW Tammworth
YTVA Tyabb
AU-NZ Ai Traffic

EDVR

EO49

10 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

These don't migrate and throw this message:

As I've mentioned above, these products aren't quite ready yet ;) 

10 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Is it possible that the products not purchased yet be in a different color? Let's say light green?

Thanks for the feedback! We'll investigate some ways of making it more apparent which products are unowned vs owned.

15 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

I have KMCO by third party and I have Orlando

By having migrated Orlando do I have to go again through all the turn off of the bgls process again? The migrations puts the product as new or would it be placed as I had set it?

I wonder if I have to go through that compatibility  process again with all Fly Tampa, Fightbeam and all others. I haven't test yet

If you disabled .bgls in Orbx products, these will need to be disabled again after a 'Verify Files' or 'Migrate to Library'.

17 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Now it seems Orbx Central remains minimized, can P3D run while it is minimized? I remember that before FTX Central had to be closed before launching P3D... so if the application offers this future I deduct is because you can now run the sim with it in this mode, right? 

Yes it can. Orbx Central will check if the simulator is running before performing any operations that change Prepar3D files, so it is generally safe to run both side-by-side.

18 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Once all has been migrated to the library folder is ok to DELETE the Orbx folder within the sim root or is this folder needed by the migrated files?

Orbx Central will delete most of the files after products have migrated. However, the ORBX folder needs to remain in the simulator as there is still some configuration files that remain there. We're looking at ways to remove this restriction in the future.

19 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

PS. I LOVE THE NEW CENTRAL, looks great and it is very friendly. Thank you

Thanks! We're glad you love it!

11 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Now that Obrx products are migrated I believe this tool is obsolete right? It will not be able to find the bgls to turn off.. and that is why now I'm having issues right?

Yes, unfortunately. That tool will need to be updated by the developer to support disabling .bgls in products installed outside of the simulator. You'll need to disable those files manually.

Archived