Purchase and Download Anomaly

No log file attached.

Operating system:  Windows 10 64 bit

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  NA

Issue:  I attempted to purchase multiple copies of London City Airport using Orbx Central.  After clicking the purchase button I was taken to a cart that did not have an option to purchase multiple copies.  I did not remove the airport from the cart, just minimized Orbx Central and then went to Orbx Direct and purchased three copies of the airport.  I received a receipt from Orbx Direct verifying my purchase and it is on the list of purchases in my account.  I reopened Orbx Direct to verify the download of the airport. Orbx Direct shown no available download and did not show the airport as purchased.  I have tried restarting the application, rebooting the computer and restarting Orbx Central, still not recognition that I have purchased the airport and no download.  I will install Orbx Central on another PC and see if the purchase is recognized on a fresh install.  Orbx Central should allow purchase of multiple copies of a product.  If it does not, I will continue to purchase through Orbx Direct.

Nick -

I agree with that, but Orbx Central does not recognize them.  I just installed Orbx Central on another PC with the same result: No recognition of my purchase and no ability to download to my PC using Orbx Central.  I will wait for the issue to be resolved before further purchases.  It appears to me that Orbx Central uploads my data to a server and does not compare it to the data in Orbx Direct after an initial data input.  That would be a problem for those of us who have multiple stand alone PCs running flight simulator software.

Nick -

After a little more experimentation I figured out that the list of additions does not differentiate between airports you have purchased but not installed and airports you have not purchased.  You have to click on the airport and scroll down to the bottom of the right panel to determine the purchase status.  London City is in queue right after migrating GB South to my 5tb drive.  My fault for assuming the grey lettering meant not purchased.  Perhaps a different color for items purchased but not installed would be a good idea.

Hi Dusterman,

50 minutes ago, Dusterman said:

It appears to me that Orbx Central uploads my data to a server and does not compare it to the data in Orbx Direct after an initial data input.  That would be a problem for those of us who have multiple stand alone PCs running flight simulator software.

We designed them to be synced together. When you add a product to your cart in Central, it should show up in OrbxDirect and vice versa. We'll investigate this issue too.

2 hours ago, Dusterman said:

Orbx Central should allow purchase of multiple copies of a product.  If it does not, I will continue to purchase through Orbx Direct.

Expansion of the cart functionality in Orbx Central is planned. For now, unfortunately, if you wish to purchase multiple copies of a product you must use OrbxDirect.

5 minutes ago, Dusterman said:

After a little more experimentation I figured out that the list of additions does not differentiate between airports you have purchased but not installed and airports you have not purchased.  You have to click on the airport and scroll down to the bottom of the right panel to determine the purchase status.  London City is in queue right after migrating GB South to my 5tb drive.  My fault for assuming the grey lettering meant not purchased.  Perhaps a different color for items purchased but not installed would be a good idea.

I'm glad to hear that you have London City installing now.

I agree that it is difficult to distinguish owned products from products you don't have installed. We have many more plans for the category list in a future update.

Additionally, we will try and move the install button to the top, so you don't need to scroll down when the Central window is smaller

Archived