Birds in Auv2 gone?

So,   this is not a huge issue. Actually it is more of a query than a support issue. Are there no longer any random flocks of birds rising from the woodlands in Australia v2? I know it is a bit silly, but having spent hours upon hours of flying low and slow over the Australian landscape of version one I always enjoyed keeping lookout for the flocks of white birds that would rise from the woodland areas, especially in the north. I have now spent  quite a bit of time flying over those same woodlands in v2 and can find no birds, regardless of having my special features set at maximum.

Again, no biggie. I am just curious about it and am enjoying v2 immensely, regardless. :-)

We removed many of those birds for performance reasons, particularly to gain some fps around large urban settlements, but of course this also affects rural regions. If the birds are sorely missed, reimplementing them (though perhaps not every flock of parrots and seagulls) with the next service pack should be no big deal.

Thank you for responding. I do indeed miss them and as mentioned add a very pleasant dimension to the low and slow flying experience. As you suggested, perhaps not every flock or perhaps the control panel option would be a good way to go. Saying this of course, with no inkling of what sort of coding/workload might be involved. :-)

Again, thank for responding.

Archived