Take off at Yakima

Manu1985

Very interesting video, Manu, that showcases well a rather sharp terrain at low altitude for PR imagery. It comes of age with TE.

XP seems to suffer from the same out-of-focus (elegant term for blurry :))  problem at a medium distance than P3D which is not a surprise. Generational problem.  Also are the artifacts we see around the nose of the plane during the rollout generic in nature in XP ?

Oh yes, nice landing too ! 

PS I don't now if you're into the bush thing but 7.5 NM from KORS on a 207° bearing there is a dirt strip on a small island called Crane Is. not too well represented in PNW. I wonder how does it look like now !

Hello Dominique,

Thank you!
I'm not sure about what you call out of focus problem at medium distance, I think it's probably because I'm not running x-plane textures at full setting, I'm just in the middle.
This makes the textures loading clipping quite obvious, especially on runways when you are taxying or landing, but it can definitely be much better than that and hardly noticable if you put the textures settings to the max, but with TE that would need a better GPU than mine (1070TI 8 GO VRAM )!

( with this middle textures settings, I'm already having between 6Go to 8 GO VRAM used with TE, if I go one notch more, it doubles, wich is not possible to handle...looking for a next gen of GPU with 32 GO VRAM to run this at full settings :) ! )

Also I've added some grain effect and contrast with Maxx FX , so what you are looking at here, is quite far from the normal stock X-plane...

Yes I'm very interested in bush things, I'll be looking into that, Orbx provided two with their last set of custom airports sceneries one close to anacortes, and the other is Israel farm.
Xplane is still lacking of good bush airstrip representations, I wish there will be more!

Here is a vid I've made of my favourite strip in the south mountains of France :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdjwJ0h1wc

Archived