AU v2 Airport Elevations

DHC8

First up...Yes! I have surfed through the forums looking for an answer before posting this.

Now I have AU v2 running I'm hitting some pretty frequent elevation problems.

This one is at Bacchus Marsh YBSS.

I have searched my FSX folder and only have the 3 YBSS files in there

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS.bgl

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS_CVX.bgl

FTX_AUS_YBSS_objects.bgl

I also have Global Vector installed (I have run the AEC program numerous times with no change)

Holgermesh is not installed

Global Base Pack installed

Global Trees Installed

Global Lights

and running the latest ORBX Libraries

I have already tried with the "ORBX!VECTOR_AEC" turned on and off with no difference and this is the result:

ExEN3GC.jpg

I turn all 3 .bgl's off and get nothing obviously but if I turn them on 1 at a time the results are:

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS.off

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS_CVX.off

FTX_AUS_YBSS_objects.bgl

Dcxumr2.jpg

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS.bgl

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS_CVX.off

FTX_AUS_YBSS_objects.bgl

gets me this:

Hrg0uO0.jpg

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS.off

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS_CVX.bgl

FTX_AUS_YBSS_objects.bgl

gets me this:

OHOTpvt.jpg

So from what I can figure out with

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS.bgl turned off - no runway - no elevation problem

ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS_CVX.bgl turned off - runway visible - Elevation problem - autogen trees everywhere

Which from what I can figure means its something to do with the ADE_FTX_AUS_YBSS_CVX file but I cant for the life of me figure out a next step. As mentioned above I've surfed through the forums looking for answers on any elevation problems and tried any suggestions I have found but none have seemed to work.

I also having the same problem at George Town YGTO in Tassie. I have OZx installed but turned all 4 of the OZx .bgl files off and have the same problems as above but the elevation error is more around the 400-500ft height error.

Y1WHbMN.jpg

I'm open to any and all suggestions. knowing my luck its probably a really simple fix and i cant see the Forrest for the trees but thought I'd try my luck for suggestions..

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

try putting all the Orbx files back and disable OzX.

See if your Orbx airports then work.

G'day Nick,

I disabled OZx in the scenery and the same error at George Town and Bacchus Marsh (wasn't expecting a difference at Bacchus as there is no OZx files for that airport but worth a try)

68t4fnR.jpg

1JfPWUh.jpg

OOMNqWN.jpg

I then turned off the AUv2 YGTO .bgl files and activated the OZx scenery and still came up with the same errors but in slightly different spots

tS84zmn.jpg

also had a crack at unchecking:

FTXAUv2_06_CVX

FTXAuV2_07_mesh

ORBX!VECTOR_AEC

And no change with any of these

On 7/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

That does leave the problem unresolved.

Can you attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file please?

Sorry for the delay Nick, Life got in the way a bit.

Here's a copy of the Scenery.cfg.

as you'll see its a pretty basic set up as its only a fresh install which makes it a bit more puzzling.

Cheers

Scenery.CFG

11 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, can you temporarily disable FSAD_Navaids and FSAD_Approaches and see

if the problem goes away please?

BINGO!!!

So it's something in the FASD_Navaids folder. I'm not ssure how many people use thius program but i found it great for updating all the Navaids now since a lot of the VOR's/NDB's have gone out of commission. thew interesting bit is neither YGTo or YBSS have any navaids at their airport.

Brilliant suggestion Nick! I would never have thought to disable either of those. thanks heaps!

This one can now be marked as resolved!:D

Hello,

there is a flaw in the logic applied to Aeronavdata and similar products that update the navigation data and it is

specific to airports that are not included as default in FSX and P3D.

When a new addon airport is created that is default in FSX and P3D, the airport developer has to exclude the default

airport before he can build his new one, or there will be two airports in the same place.

In the case of an airport that is not default to FSX or P3D, such as YTGO and YBSS, it is impossible to create such an

exclusion, as there is nothing to exclude.

The result is that if two sets of airport data are added for the same place, then both will be displayed and usually result

in the anomalies that you were seeing.

I do not recall the exact location but I do remember a customer who visited an airport in South America and upon arrival,

found himself in the wilderness with no airport in sight.

The reason was the same, the updated navigation data had correctly placed the new airport there but unfortunately, he had

not added an airport model for it.

The irony is that if he had, it would quite likely have looked like yours.

I have not read of a solution to this as yet, other than to disable the navdata product for the airports in question.

Perhaps you could approach the Aerodata developer and see what could be done.

The problem is because Orbx have added airports where there were none but the problem would exist regardless

of the developer.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, DHC8 said:

G'day Nick,

I disabled OZx in the scenery and the same error at George Town and Bacchus Marsh (wasn't expecting a difference at Bacchus as there is no OZx files for that airport but worth a try)

68t4fnR.jpg

I see that your OZx entries are below all the FTXAU entries, they MUST be above as should all  addon scenery 

Probably doesn’t help your particular case highlighted but could be a problem down the line

17 hours ago, bruce e said:

I see that your OZx entries are below all the FTXAU entries, they MUST be above as should all  addon scenery 

Probably doesn’t help your particular case highlighted but could be a problem down the line

Cheers Bruce, already picked that one up and changed it

Archived